Derek C4

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Brilliant piece of TV.

Fantasticly observed, and moving.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Meant to watch that. Gonna +1 it later.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Frank the tank
    I don't think you'll be disapointed mate.
    Tail end Charlie

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Really worried for Gervais after his twitter comments last year that he would atempt to go in this direction and the trailers made it look like another car crash piece of TV fitting in with what looks like Channel 4's Victorian Freakshow scheduling at the moment.

Honestly though, thought it was well measured and considered and hope it continues to be so.
    Thought Carl Pilikington played a blinder too.
  • Missed this but will deffo catch up - as usual seems to have polarized opinion!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Aggieboy
    Missed this but will deffo catch up - as usual seems to have polarized opinion!

It's on Ch4 +1 at eleven (funnily enough) :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Had to switch off after 10 minutes as it was just awful. I mean, if I didn't know it was Gervais and co. I'd have turned off much sooner.
  • Frank the tank
    APIII wrote:
    Had to switch off after 10 minutes as it was just awful. I mean, if I didn't know it was Gervais and co. I'd have turned off much sooner.

I wasn't expecting anything in particular, it's not a laugh out loud job, just beautifully observed IMO.
    Tail end Charlie

• Aggieboy wrote:
    Missed this but will deffo catch up - as usual seems to have polarized opinion!

It's on Ch4 +1 at eleven (funnily enough) :lol:

Hehehe have no telly box atm!

Edit: it's now online on 4OD.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Aggieboy
    I really liked it. Thought the 'death' part was really well acted and touching. :(
  • Aggieboy wrote:
    I really liked it. Thought the 'death' part was really well acted and touching. :(

+1
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    yes not bad. It reminded me of Walter, the film that opened C4 all those years ago, or Horace, the granada? series about the man with learning difficulties. Its borrowed form both but still amusing.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Brilliant piece of TV.

I take it that means that it is not funny then?
    Drama or comedy?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    tim wand wrote:
    Channel 4's Victorian Freakshow scheduling at the moment.

+1. There some real s@ite on there. As you go through the evening it seems to get worse and worse. The undatebales takes the biscuit.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    APIII wrote:

I did too - dull dull dull
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Frank the tank
    daviesee wrote:
    Brilliant piece of TV.

I take it that means that it is not funny then?
    Drama or comedy?

TBH I've not seen any of the hype about it and ended up viewing 'cos there was nowt else on TV.

If you want laugh out loud watch fools and horses, this was far more "understated" in its humour and as I said very well observed.
    Tail end Charlie

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    TBH I've not seen any of the hype about it and ended up viewing 'cos there was nowt else on TV.

If you want laugh out loud watch fools and horses, this was far more "understated" in its humour and as I said very well observed.
    Still sounds like it is not my cup of tea.
    I like my dramas to be dramatic and my comedies to be funny.
    Understated and observed? Meh......
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    I switched it off after 5 mins. I didn't like it.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • Brilliant piece of TV.

+1 just watched it and thought it was brilliant. Funny and moving at the same time.
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Funny and moving at the same time.
    describes my schlong-a-long-a-ding-dong when I wear loose shorts in cold weather.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
    Runny and moving at the same time.
    describes my schlong-a-long-a-ding-dong when I wear loose shorts in cold weather.

FTFY.