Bit of advice-legal OT

matt581
matt581 Posts: 219
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Bit of advice if any one has the time....

Me and my GF have bought a house together. We have paid the deposit but are still waiting for the completion as its a new build. Its both our names on the mortgage but i paid 98% of all the costs so far. We have just split up. Where do i stand ref the house. She said she is going to move in with out me. is this possible? Where to i stand ref my contributions? I can prove all the cash has gone via my bank accounts.

Any advice would be greatky appreciated. this suscks!

Comments

• nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    What you dont want is advice from here-get to the best lawyer you can buy,NOW.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    A solicitor I'm not but, if I were you and as uncomfortable as it may be, I sure as hell wouldn't let her move in unless I moved in as well.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Crudcatcher advice - Ditch. Head. Backwards.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Phone a solicitor first thing this morning.

Do it now.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Hmm... I would expect them to say you have just lost half a deposit, and will struggle to prove otherwise -the upside is the mortgage liabilities are shared too
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Will depend on whether you have exchanged contracts - if you haven't then you will be able to pull out, if you have then it gets complicated. As everyone else says - solicitor quick!!

Good luck.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Is she planning on getting a mortgage on her own then? Can she even afford the mortgage on her own?? The pre-agreed mortgage will be pulled as soon as you let the mortgage provider know formally.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Just asking on the off-chance....

Is it too soon for revenge pics?

The older I get, the better I was.

• lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Capt Slog wrote:

Is it too soon for revenge pics?

It can never be too soon according to the voyeurs you are addressing. You get posting and I'll go get the popcorn.

On a slightly less selfish note, you might want to be ringing the solicitor to make your appointment first.

Good luck with this - must be a $hitty situation to be in.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • henwl
    henwl Posts: 19
    edited April 2012
    Have you exchanged contracts yet, or is the deposit you refer to just the reservation deposit? If you've not exchanged yet, and you can afford to loose the reservation deposit, I'd pull out now. Kissing the reservation deposit goodbye and walking away now could be cheaper in the long run

If you've already exchanged, then you're committed unfortunately. You'll have to see the purchase through, and try and sell the property straight away. Unless one of you can buy the other out.

As already stated, it's time to engage a matrimonial solicitor.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I could give more specific advice if I had sight of her knockers.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Ditto - no knockers, no legal advice.

A series of pictures and I'll blow the house up for you. Then chuck the remains into my next door neighbour's garden. That'll learn her and her house stealing ways. Bet she's from Alsager acting like that ........