How would you blow £500

mb london
mb london Posts: 96
edited April 2012 in MTB general
If you had a 3k stock bike and had an urge to waste £500 on it what would you spend it on ?

Comments

• DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
  • bjj.andy.w
    bjj.andy.w Posts: 111
    Reverb seat post and the rest on skills coaching.
    When you go to the ground you are in my world. My world is the ocean. I am the shark and most people don't know how to swim
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Blow and hookers
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    cooldad wrote:
    Blow and hookers

+Snorting Spuds
  • mb london
    DCR00 wrote:
    which bike?

Ex 9 (2012)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    mb london wrote:
    If you had a 3k stock bike and had an urge to waste £500 on it what would you spend it on ?
    I'd spend it on whatever I felt needed changing on the bike. But then, if I'd just spent 3K, I would have made damn sure that I had bought the right bike in the first place. So, I'd probably spend it on hookers and blow.
  • DCR00
    spokee dokees and a nice basket

and a reverb

the rest on hookers and blow
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    XTR Shadow+ rear mech, reverb, wider bar, wheels, tyres, lights for night riding, just £500?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • cooldad
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • mb london
    Ok, so being the resourceful sort of guy I am, I will get myself one of those reverb jobbies and then give my regular brass a good seeing to with it
  • reverb and some nice wide bars maybe sunline
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Without knowing what bike and what spec is impossible to say.

I would probably spend £3500 to start with.
  • mb london
    post 6 give some sublte hints as to what bike it is.

£3500 ?? you could probably buy sheffield for that :D
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Eh, it took you till post 6 to say what your bike was. Still don't know its spec though.

All SS means is he'd have spent the 500 you want to blow on the bike when first bought, not throw money at it blindly, until post 6 of course.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Standard spec? Need to know every part really!
  • mb london
    all standard other than a set of s-works tubless
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Depending on current wheel weight, a set of Crest/Arch EX + CX Rays + decent hubs (be they Hope/XTR/Superstar/DT240).

Can't really see many other ways of blowing it on that bike. You could lose some weight, but it'll change function a bit, KCNC bits etc. Carbon bars, ti railed saddle, fork/shock service/tune to your weight?

Skills course or holiday sounds like the best bet in my eyes! Cheating a bit tho! :)
  • cooldad
    mb london wrote:
    all standard other than a set of s-works tubless
    You could post the spec - I certainly couldn't be arsed to do it, and you might get better answers.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • DCR00
    Toasty wrote:
    fork/shock service/tune to your weight?

this is a good shout, especially as the reviews of DRCV haven't been amazing

and spokee dokees
  • Andy Dobson
    Andy Dobson Posts: 366
    DCR00 wrote:
    Toasty wrote:
    fork/shock service/tune to your weight?

this is a good shout, especially as the reviews of DRCV haven't been amazing

and spokee dokees

'Tiss a good shout indeed but being a gent of above a certain age and having been married for over 15 years...Hookers and blow are the best bet. You can then use the standard bike to get fit again once the aftermath has worn off!!! (maybe this is why I struggle on climbs!?!) :roll: :lol:
    Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy :-)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I'd hire a serf to push my bike up hills for me.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    £3k spend, you get the exact bike you want it for the price. Otherwise the budget was wrong in the first place, so buy a £3.5k bike with a better spec. Will probably be better value on the spec than spending £500 on upgrades. More so if you can get a deal (haggle, get last year's model, ex-demo, 2nd hand, etc).

Otherwise, £3k on the bike, the rest of blow and hookers, or skills. Bike is just the bling anyway.
  • mb london
    I so surprised by the amount people who are pining for drugs and ho's and this forum
  • A nice new set of Possieden regs for scuba diving. Or a Kolwalski torch, or some new lenses and filters for the camera.
  • I'd buy kit.

Evoc FR trailpack £100
    Urge Enduromatic Helmet £70
    Shimano AM40's £70
    A decent waterproof £75+

etcetcetc
  • Andy Dobson
    Andy Dobson Posts: 366
    mb london wrote:
    I so surprised by the amount people who are pining for drugs and ho's and this forum

Yep....Many of us here have been in wedlock for more than a life sentance so is it any bloody wonder we pine for drugs and ho's????
    Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy :-)
  • _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    Maybe get a garmin GPS device plus maps?
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    If the saddle and bars etc feel comfortable then I'd prob go for a uppy downy post, or possibly lighter wheels? depends on your weight / riding style? I think the standard wheels where chosen to be stronger rather than lighter.

Also Im guessing you're asking on here because there isn't anything particular that sticks out in which case i'd just ride it till something breaks and replace nit then. For now use the money for blow and hookers ?