The Scream

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
What do you reckon it'll go for? The only version in private hands and the estimate is circa £50m. I think it'll go for more and guess £90m. I'll send a packet of Haribo's to the person with the correct/nearest guess.

DC194D1FB4944FC5DD9949B0349E6C.jpg
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    £73.5 mill
  • It's a copy but was made in the same mould and painted in the same factory used for the real ones but with different thread orientation in the canvas lay-up - the Haribo's are worth more.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    If it attracts the right buyer (oil funds) could reach 130-140 million US dollars-its not unique,copies -I`ll go for 135 then.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Given the price I'm paying for diesel right now, if it does go to oil money, I'll guess £95 million.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    110mil, it passes the landmark century and re-defines its cultural value thus giving it more worth as an investment. - anyway thats the bid i've put in + 2 extra eccles cakes. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
    nevman wrote:
    If it attracts the right buyer (oil funds) could reach 130-140 million US dollars-its not unique,copies -I`ll go for 135 then.

It is unique. There are 4 versions. This one, a pastel, has the figures in a different pose. What's the matter with coins of the realm???? Are you guessing $135m at today's rate or on day of sale? Your not getting those Haribo's by default!!!!!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • nevman
    Its not unique,there are several in Oslo for a start BUT its probably the only one for sale hence silly money-US dollars on the day please,not inclusive of buyers premium.I wouldnt buy it.BTW,my Wiggle package today contained High5 carbo mix.

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Aggieboy
    nevman wrote:
    Its not unique,there are several in Oslo for a start BUT its probably the only one for sale hence silly money-US dollars on the day please,not inclusive of buyers premium.I wouldnt buy it.BTW,my Wiggle package today contained High5 carbo mix.

There are 4 versions, all named The Scream, but they are all different. I therefore maintain each one is unique and not a copy of the other. It is the only one in private hands and will probably be the only one to ever come to market. That's why I think it'll be a lot higher than the £50m.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    My little un can do something like that with her crayons - anyone want to bid on her recent attempt? I will settle for hmmm let me see, a weekend babysitting whilst I go out and do some pedaling?
    It does'nt convey the scream I felt when she attempted pushing the cat into the washing machine, or when HMRC lost my self-assessment form and sent me a £100 penalty notice...or when my brand new Record carbon rear shifter went over the first gear and into the rear wheel 'cos I was too excited and forgot to adjust that little screw...or when... cont.p94
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    It's just lovely to see a Munch, any time. He's been high among the most important of all artists to me for as long as I can remember, and I'm always delighted to look at him again. I've never quite loved the "Scream" era pictures, relatively speaking, but they're still magnificent. Thanks for reminding me.

I don't give a damn how much one money-grubbing grotbag pays another for it, but I quite like haribo so I'll say 84 Mil. (It's the answer to life the universe and everything but twice as true).
  • nevman
    This is comparative,sold 2006 for US 137.5 million-Willem de Kooning

300px-Woman3.jpg

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    nevman wrote:
    This is comparative,sold 2006 for US 137.5 million-Willem de Kooning

300px-Woman3.jpg

You sure? It looks like one of those scouse lasses at Aintree today!
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    £142,385,529.31
  • Aggieboy
    pipipi wrote:
    £142,385,529.31

A penny either way and you get 2 packets.
  • nevman
    Wow,even the BBC 10 o`clock news are after those Haribos now. :(

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Aggieboy
    nevman wrote:

What's their guess?? In pounds :wink:
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I'll guess £125,000,000.

Is it alright if I have some liquorice allsorts Aggie. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    £72.3 million I reckon, will go to a buyer in Shanghai who will put it up in the downstairs loo.
  • nevman
    Aggieboy wrote:
    nevman wrote:

What's their guess?? In pounds :wink:

Quoted a Van Gogh portrait for £50 million then said it would be much more than that-as usual,nobody knows (holds up elephant sign)

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Is it the one which was nicked before. That was insured for £100 million according to the red tops so probably not that accurate.

I ll go for 175,000,000 euros ( if im right can I have tangtastic haribo's)
  • 79,000,000 any currency.
    Didn't his burd blast his good hand with a .45 IIRC? Bloody would make you wail that would.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Aggieboy
    tim wand wrote:
    Is it the one which was nicked before. That was insured for £100 million according to the red tops so probably not that accurate.

I ll go for 175,000,000 euros ( if im right can I have tangtastic haribo's)

Right, that's it. If anyone want's these sweeties you'll have to guess in sterling. I can't be asked converting, I'll have a picture to hang :wink:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    £144,600,000 still want tangtastic though!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    43million

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    £57.5 million
  • Aggieboy
    tim wand wrote:
    £144,600,000 still want tangtastic though!

Deal.
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    83.5 mill
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Aggieboy wrote:
    What's the matter with coins of the realm???? Are you guessing $135m at today's rate or on day of sale? Your not getting those Haribo's by default!!!!!!

The auction is in New York so I imagine they'll be dealing in dollars.

$185m to someone in Asia is my guess.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Aggieboy
    RichN95 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    What's the matter with coins of the realm???? Are you guessing $135m at today's rate or on day of sale? Your not getting those Haribo's by default!!!!!!

The auction is in New York so I imagine they'll be dealing in dollars.

$185m to someone in Asia is my guess.

Dollars are OK, Euro's were pushing it! :wink: