2x10 chain guide options

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
SRAM X0 2x10 set up on my Nomad, have the common chain drop issue that many get with SRAM 2x10 it seems (slack spring tension in the mech? design of the front mech or chainset in general? who knows). Not too often dropping but does occur on some of the gnarlier descents, along with fair bit of chain slap. Does seem to be getting more frequent as well (hmm).

Anyway, on option to help with this is getting a chain guide and some of the options I'm considering are...

MRP 2x guide - £100+ ! (taco bash)
Truvativ X Guide - £100 ebay / import, otherwise £180+ !! (same as the MRP but tweaked for SRAM 2x10. MRP just needs spacers to do the same apparently).
Blackspire Stinger - £21 (no bash)
Blackspire Twinty 2x - £80 - (no bash? not available yet it seems or no stock currently)
E Thirteen... ? DRS dual? - £100+ (inc bash?)
Superstar Double - £17 (no bash)

What to get, not sure really. Pouring over reviews and opinions at the moment, but just wondered if anyone here has some experience to throw in. What works, what doesn't, are the expensive ones worth the money, other options, etc ?

Would be ISCG mount (not sure exactly what kind the Nomad takes but one of these), to work with 26-39t rings.

MRP (and guess the X-Guide) gets okay review from BR though mentions issue of dropping from top. Depends on the front mech set up though? http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... e-11-45338

Main requirement for me is basically, little or no chain drops and much quieter, especially over big bumps/drops/etc.

Comments

• ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    I'm waiting out on an e-13 TRS+ Dual... Really getting pi$$ed at the chain slap I'm getting on my 2x10 X0. Tempted to bin it all and go with the new XTR kit!
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop