Ow!!!!

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Hail!

Dark clouds ahead of me on the way home - thought I might get a bit wet but it turned out to be hail. Painful hail hammering into my noggin through the vents in my lid (must check that for hail dents :lol: )

Sufficiently bad that it was actually settling in Pudsey........ Interesting riding through it not really sure of whether it was meant to be slippy or not!
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• madtam
    madtam Posts: 141
    I decided not to set off as it looked that bad. Besides, I still have a lot of catching up to do after a week off.

The sun has come out now so it should be a bit more pleasant when I do get away.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I must put my specs on. I thought this was going to be about some night-riding encounter with a bird of prey...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    All hail the Owl!

I got smacked by hail stones as well this afternoon - in between five minute bursts of hot sun and five minute bursts of torrential rain. What is going on with this weather? Not often I'm glad to be in the car, but today I was.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I got drenched this morning,

On the way home i was heading towards some seriously sinister looking rain clouds but somehow i managed to skirt round them!

Hail Hurts a lot and stings the face. :x

All hail the Ow!!!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    No hail or owls for me but I did get soaked and frozen this morning. Decided I could get away with my thin gloves. When I got to work I couldn't take my gloves off as my fingers wouldn't work. Decided to pull them off with my teeth. The second glove finger wouldn't shift and felt a bit fat. When I looked I was actually biting my finger but couldn't feel it :shock:
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Didn't seem that cold, wet though. Am clearly in need of some functional over trousers as mine leak.

Had a face full of hail a few weeks back, sudden gusts felt like a million tiny ice needles jabbing at my cheeks.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    We had a tailwind and flew home.

I'm not helping am I?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Git
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • rolf_f

I'm not helping am I?

Sounds a bit boring tbh :lol:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861

I'm not helping am I?

+1 lovely last night

an marvellous (thats an awesome word that needs using more often) this am too

fingers crossed it stays like this all day

only downer is i work about 60seconds away from Aintree racecourse so come dinner time it will be full of neds an scallywags in cheap suits :(
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    mudcow007 wrote:
    [...]
    only downer is i work about 60seconds away from Aintree racecourse so come dinner time it will be full of neds an scallywags in cheap suits :(

Thought the suits were saved for Court appearances?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    DrLex wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    [...]

Thought the suits were saved for Court appearances?

no no they are their "posh" suits which are generally hired for the day by buying it from a shop them getting their mrs to take it back to the shop the following day to say "this doesn't fit" so hired for free

sad but true.....
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    mudcow007 wrote:

no no they are their "posh" suits which are generally hired for the day by buying it from a shop them getting their mrs to take it back to the shop the following day to say "this doesn't fit" so hired for free

sad but true.....

:D
    Only works if they're acquitted, though!
  • rolf_f
    Yay! Home 20 minutes before the hail tonight! Justice is mine :lol: