Canyon nerve 7 am suspension setup

jacksprogis
jacksprogis Posts: 75
edited April 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I just wondered what pressures i should be running on my nerve 7 ?
For trail use .....
For road use ....
I have herd the rp2 with boostvalve is good until 300psi . Thanks :D
Santa Cruz Nomad CC
Santa Cruz 5010 CC
YT Tues CF Comp
Race for Burgtec

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Set the sag to around 25% and fine tune from there. On the bike in your normal gear in 'attack' position.
    It's not a road bike.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ok then , i forgot to say im 7stone 10 weather that helps .
    I am well aware its not a road bike but i will be using it for everything !
    I will try 250 in the back for road use for now . Thanks !
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    Santa Cruz 5010 CC
    YT Tues CF Comp
    Race for Burgtec
  • Ghostt
    Ghostt Posts: 192
    If you're 7st 10 you want no way near 250psi!
    Are you familiar with the lockout lever?
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot
  • Yeap but only propedal , no proper lockout :/ i have 210 in at the moment :D
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    Santa Cruz 5010 CC
    YT Tues CF Comp
    Race for Burgtec
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Get on the bike and measure the sag of the suspension. You want roughly 20-25% sag (travel). I run about 20% on a short travel bike.
    Shock has Propedal - use that on the road.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    No proper suspension will lock out completely. What if you happen to hit a bump at speed and it is fully locked out? Will the universe implode? :D No, that's why it should have a threshold, after which the suspension becomes active and absorbs the bump.

Are you new with the bike? If it is to be used on road, use it with 20% of sag. And if you find it bobing when standing up, sit on the saddle.

Cheers :)
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • 386ka wrote:
    No proper suspension will lock out completely. What if you happen to hit a bump at speed and it is fully locked out? Will the universe implode? :D No, that's why it should have a threshold, after which the suspension becomes active and absorbs the bump.

Are you new with the bike? If it is to be used on road, use it with 20% of sag. And if you find it bobing when standing up, sit on the saddle.

Thanks :D I have had her since 12pm :D All you said was so easy to understand :)
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    Santa Cruz 5010 CC
    YT Tues CF Comp
    Race for Burgtec
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Yeap but only propedal , no proper lockout :/ i have 210 in at the moment :D
    you can actually move it with 210 in ? you want to start by halving that and work from there, and according to the guide about 50 psi in the front
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Me and my dad set it up last night , 55psi in forks and 135 in shock , yes i can move it at 210. Cheers
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    Santa Cruz 5010 CC
    YT Tues CF Comp
    Race for Burgtec
  • 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    386ka wrote:

Thanks :D I have had her since 12pm :D All you said was so easy to understand :)
    I am glad I helped :)
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010