Trentino next week

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2012 in Pro race
And we've all noticed it's on the telly, right?

Looks like a savage route too!
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Interesting how we get Trentino but no Pais Vasco or GW...Eurosport, bless them.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,707
    Added to the 'where can I watch..?' sticky.
  • Looks like a corker. Route here: http://www.steephill.tv/giro-del-trentino/#summary

Didn't realise it was on Eurosport. Bit of working from home next week for me.
  • inkyfingers
    Just looked at the profile. Blimey...no wonder Iain's excited, there won't be any bunch sprint finishes on this one!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    My sort of race this one, been an awful lot of flat riding lately. (I do love the classics though) Not a bad field of riders either, Scarponi and Cunego added to the list yesterday but not showing on the startlist.
  • inkyfingers
    My sort of race this one, been an awful lot of flat riding lately. (I do love the classics though) Not a bad field of riders either, Scarponi and Cunego added to the list yesterday but not showing on the startlist.

I'd have thought that Cunego would be riding the Ardennes Classics?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Yes, the other race that Rai have added to their live telly coverage ever expanding portfolio.
    Eurosport obviously have a good working agreement with Rai, these days.
    Blow looking at links, lets have the picture profiles:
    altimetria-1tappa.jpg

altimetria-2tappa.jpg

altimetria-3tappa.jpg

Over 2200 metres in the Dolomites, in April is fairly ambitious!
    altimetria-4tappa.jpg

Plus, the latest insane beast to be found by whoever has taken up the Angelo Zomegnan mantle:
    Punta_Veleno_Brenzone_profile.gif
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Should be a good race.

A great reference link to see what cycling coverage is coming up on Eurosport:

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=cycling

It does pick up motorcycling, but is still a great reference. For example, it is indicating that there is live coverage of the Tour of Romandie this year.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited April 2012
    Contador would own this race.

Lets hope Basso shows something. Strong climbing team for Liquigas.

Kreuziger is going well and Tiralongo is a super guy to have.

And hope too that Coldeportes show something - they have been lacking this season. Duarte isnt riding although he did last year (and won a stage).

Count on Di Luca.

And then we have Rujano - his team can own a TTT and this course has his name all over it.

Finish isnt too far on stage 2 from the 2nd climb so might see some moves from before there, although the descent is maybe a touch too long.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Oh, Voeckler took stage 2 last year. Good ride that. Go get them Tommy the Champion.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    I've stayed in Trento a few times. Some super climbing around that area. Pity there aren't a few of the big names riding it, with there being no Sky team a particular shame.
  • rick_chasey
    This is basically a Giro-prep only race right?

Presumably it'll be backed with the usual only-seen-in-the-Giro featherweights?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    phreak wrote:
    I've stayed in Trento a few times. Some super climbing around that area. Pity there aren't a few of the big names riding it, with there being no Sky team a particular shame.

Yes, it's a pity. I mean, what's the point of a climbers race without people who've won the Giro. Like Basso or Scarponi.

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:
    phreak wrote:

Yes, it's a pity. I mean, what's the point of a climbers race without people who've won the Giro. Like Basso or Scarponi.

Has Basso finished a race this season yet?
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    iainf72 wrote:
    phreak wrote:

Has Basso finished a race this season yet?

Has Andy Schleck? - that little slimeball will magically find form for his usual 3 weeks of the year...
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    iainf72 wrote:
    phreak wrote:

Well yeah there are some big names there but there are also a lot missing :wink:
  • Might watch this again. Saw the 2010 edition Vino won, then got a flight and took Leige the next day, epic stuff. Think Ricco was second?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015