team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Sitting on the back step of the house very first thing with the sprogs as the early morning sun burns the mist off the garden while they drink hot chocolate and I have a fresh double espresso and a small glass of bubbly mineral water.

No noise apart from bird song, Mrs Y is still in bed so can't dish out chores.

The best.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Saturday morning. Waking up to birdsong, lying next to my girlfriend. Our cat still snoring on her radiator bed. Then making breakfast-in-bed for us all: coffee, croissants, yogurt, fruit, juice, water and Iams.

And subsequently taking it easy until ~10am.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Rhinosorearse
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    hehe being upstairs with yossies missus while he's having coffee downstairs - :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Playing football with my 3yr old grandson...he's brillant
  • team47b
    ...last year's batch of three feral kittens come to visit everyday for goats cheese handouts, they line up quite orderly, big kitty, baby kitty and Brian (he just is a Brian, OK) they are quite wild except baby kitty decided that he likes me. He follows me everywhere wants to be picked up (this scene really scares Brian) and just loves to be tickled under his chin.

With the incentives in mind I have convinced baby kitty that if I click my fingers he has to run over to a particular rock in the garden, jump up, sit and wait for me to congratulate him.

This degrading treatment of animals makes me smile! :D

Should baby kitty have greater ambitions in life or should I go out on my bike more?

(any suggestions for new tricks for baby kitty would be appreciated)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Willhub............ how come nobody has mentioned him yet :lol:
    (especially after his sardines thread !)
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    hehe being upstairs with yossies missus while he's having coffee downstairs - :D

"Doing the chores" huh, Cleat? 8)
  • Yossie
    nweststeyn wrote:

I've just spoken to the delicious Victoria about this and she says that she feels that its part of her moral service to aid the Care in the Community programme as much as she can.

She doesn't mind reading to Cleat on a Saturday morning but wishes that he would move on from "Red Pirate, Blue Pirate, Green Pirate" and would stop weeing on the floor while he stands there, dribbling.
  • Yossie
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Saturday morning. Waking up to birdsong, lying next to my girlfriend. Our cat still snoring on her radiator bed. Then making breakfast-in-bed for us all: coffee, croissants, yogurt, fruit, juice, water and Iams.

What: the cat makes breakfast for you and your burd? Now that's freakin' cool.

Stuff the kids: I want a breakfast making cat.
  • team47b wrote:
    ...last year's batch of three feral kittens come to visit everyday for goats cheese handouts, they line up quite orderly, big kitty, baby kitty and Brian (he just is a Brian, OK) they are quite wild except baby kitty decided that he likes me. He follows me everywhere wants to be picked up (this scene really scares Brian) and just loves to be tickled under his chin.

With the incentives in mind I have convinced baby kitty that if I click my fingers he has to run over to a particular rock in the garden, jump up, sit and wait for me to congratulate him.

This degrading treatment of animals makes me smile! :D

Should baby kitty have greater ambitions in life or should I go out on my bike more?

(any suggestions for new tricks for baby kitty would be appreciated)

You be work'in onto Lions next ???
  • Yossie wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

I once had Goblin Teasmaid..that brought a big smile on my face in a morning
  • team47b
    Yossie wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Someone always has to go one better! Now I have to teach baby kitty to use an espresso machine :shock:
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    That feeling when you are totally knackered and you get into your bed and just feel your body relax. Bliss

Oh, and a cheque for £990 after a unknown relative died. Whoever you were I raise a glass to you!
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Ben6899 wrote:

Wow - thats some cat that is...ours just interupts the Sat morning nookie!
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Wow - thats some cat that is...ours just interupts the Sat morning nookie!

Christmas Puppy, when you take her out let her off the lead and she starts racing around and growling at leaves n stuff - just daft but she seems so happy.
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Oh, and my dog! When I get home from work, no matter how bad my day or night has been he is always so pleased to see me. And seeing how happy he can be just from chasing a ball and bringing it back to you to do it again.. And again.. And again!

Then in the evening, despite having his own bed and the whole floor to lay on, he curls up on my feet! Makes me very happy.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Yossie wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

I've just spoken to the delicious Victoria about this and she says that she feels that its part of her moral service to aid the Care in the Community programme as much as she can.

She doesn't mind reading to Cleat on a Saturday morning but wishes that he would move on from "Red Pirate, Blue Pirate, Green Pirate" and would stop weeing on the floor while he stands there, dribbling.

Hang on Victoria? Are we talking about the same woman here, stocky, 3 pimples and teeth like a row of bombed houses - you do live at number 78 don't you? Neat garden, hedge in the shape of Claire Baldings thigh? The book and the peeing definitely rings a bell though - so i must have been there.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    4hrs of work left this week. Shall enjoy my first commute of the year tomorrow :)
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Thanks for all the feedback, chaps. Yes, she is a very clever cat.

:D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Redhog14
    The chat from the ticket collector at my stationthis morning, re the Colnago I was transporting on behalf of a friend. Tonight on the return journey he says "welcome back"... nice to be nice.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Both of my children, and they're adults now.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Riding to the pub for late lunch, getting comfy and sinking 10 pints of extra cold Guinness 8)
  • team47b
    Fastlad wrote:
    Riding to the pub for late lunch, getting comfy and sinking 10 pints of extra cold Guinness 8)

Watching you cycle home! :D
  • Teece
    Teece Posts: 138
    National Cycle Route 82. Did it this week!
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Getting out early on the road with no traffic and no headwind. :)
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Making it to work yesterday without getting attacked by the dog that attacked me last time :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Jan 20th 2011,. Minus 14 deg C, at approx. 5.05am, after a furious phonecall to 999 as my partner was in labour just a little bit quicker than expected, muggins delivered baby Catherine and finally the paramedics turn up to cut the chord. Dad sits on couch looking straight at a pair of steel blue eyes and a baby looking back at me fiddling with her fingers thinking something undescribable. (Don't worry, it looks nothing like Cleat or the postman). Makes me smile thinking about it. However, I was told that the second one (due Aug 14th) will come quicker! Quicker ? I smile at the thought that my woman is going to need a fecking safety net.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Jan 20th 2011,. Minus 14 deg C, at approx. 5.05am, after a furious phonecall to 999 as my partner was in labour just a little bit quicker than expected, muggins delivered baby Catherine and finally the paramedics turn up to cut the chord. Dad sits on couch looking straight at a pair of steel blue eyes and a baby looking back at me fiddling with her fingers thinking something undescribable. (Don't worry, it looks nothing like Cleat or the postman). Makes me smile thinking about it. However, I was told that the second one (due Aug 14th) will come quicker! Quicker ? I smile at the thought that my woman is going to need a fecking safety net.

Congratulations, and good luck with the next one.

Your post made me smile.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    COYI's :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."