Vuelta a Castilla y León 2012

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited April 2012 in Pro race
ALL ABOUT VUELTA A CASTILLA-LEÓN 2012 (Route details, favourites, history, Tondo memorial, Armstrong´s broken collarbone...)

http://www.revistadesdelacuneta.com

fa4098d3eba758d4a7e57d3724367c30o.jpg
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Beat me to it! Super excited about this, one of Jon Tiernan-Lockes major chances to shine this year. He's been training at altitude (confirmed by Brian) possibly with Team Sky in Tenerife (Brian Neither confirmed or denied) so he's taking it very seriously. He's in a unique position in that he can target the race 110% with nothing to lose, where as most of the other big contenders will be riding looking to build form for bigger races...speaking of other contenders i'm looking at Kloden, LL Sanchez, Garzelli, Nieve, Cobo...

Should be a good race, especially with the added British interest..
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    Beat me to it! Super excited about this, one of Jon Tiernan-Lockes major chances to shine this year. He's been training at altitude (confirmed by Brian) possibly with Team Sky in Tenerife (Brian Neither confirmed or denied) so he's taking it very seriously. He's in a unique position in that he can target the race 110% with nothing to lose, where as most of the other big contenders will be riding looking to build form for bigger races...speaking of other contenders i'm looking at Kloden, LL Sanchez, Garzelli, Nieve, Cobo...

Sorry but this has got Linus gerdemann written all over it :shock:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Anyone know if any bookies are making prices? I've tried the usual suspects with no luck..
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    josame wrote:

A burst of laughter was about to be followed with much ridiculing of LG, before remembering that I nearly did the same with Pozzato when someone suggested him for Flanders... You'd think lesson learned? Who am I kidding... Linus Gerdemann!? HA HA Ha ha ha ha
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited April 2012

What is your love affair with this JTL all about?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited April 2012
    josame wrote:

And why do you like Linus so much?

Here are a couple of photos for you to enjoy:

095-RTR2MLQ7.jpg
    6GERDEMANN.jpg

And you may as well make this one your avatar!
    linuscal.jpg?t=1334259213
    Contador is the Greatest
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743

MDCC is the greatest cycle club eva!!!!! that is why
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • LeicesterLad

Haha! I could ask you that question about a whole string of riders... :wink:

JTL is Sky's new rider (I reackon)...and might ride the Worlds this year...he's a brit who can climb with an attacking, aggressive style and thats the main reason I like him. That is all.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I like JTL because he hasn't been fast tracked through some special cycling selection process since a youth. He showed immense promise as a junior, went to France, got some good results, got sick, gave up, went to Uni and then got back to racing. He is from the South West where I love riding, has been backed by Colin Lewis (legend), was a member of the Rapha Condor team who I think do a great job and is currently riding for Endura who I think have put together a fantastic competitive team. He rides in an attacking manner, loves the hills and gives it some. What not to like? I think he is the equivalent of a player picked from Hackney Marshes to play for a Premiership club - he isn't there yet (with respect to Endura), but touch wood....

With Sky's training and resources - could he be a contender? In the meantime, I hope he gets Endura a lot of results and attention.
  • josame
    josame wrote:

And why do you like Linus so much?
    Thanks FF - I donno why - he never quite makes it but he's a trier - that's probably why... yellow jersey ride in 07 helped
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • LeicesterLad
    mroli wrote:
    I like JTL because he hasn't been fast tracked through some special cycling selection process since a youth. He showed immense promise as a junior, went to France, got some good results, got sick, gave up, went to Uni and then got back to racing. He is from the South West where I love riding, has been backed by Colin Lewis (legend), was a member of the Rapha Condor team who I think do a great job and is currently riding for Endura who I think have put together a fantastic competitive team. He rides in an attacking manner, loves the hills and gives it some. What not to like? I think he is the equivalent of a player picked from Hackney Marshes to play for a Premiership club - he isn't there yet (with respect to Endura), but touch wood....

With Sky's training and resources - could he be a contender? In the meantime, I hope he gets Endura a lot of results and attention.

Fantastically put. Chapeux that man.
  • victorponf
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • frenchfighter
    Btw, I also like what I have seen of JTL and he reminded me of Contador some. Was just curious why LL is ALL over the fellow, almost stalking!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    Nothing like a bit of irrational love for a rider.

We've all been there.
  • LeicesterLad

We've all been there.

Yours has somewhat been justified this year :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586

We've all been there.

Yours has somewhat been justified this year :wink:

Yeah yeah, now all the fans come crawling back when he's not lying on the deck whining about his busted knee or wrist or concussion. :wink:
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    mroli wrote:
    He rides in an attacking manner, loves the hills and gives it some. What not to like?
    he's a brit who can climb with an attacking, aggressive style and thats the main reason I like him. That is all.

Totally with the JTL appreciation...

Good viewing for any doubters... (go to 18.50 for the last Km if you can't be ars*d with the run up)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-U1jvmfLA

It's got me thinking about how foreign cycling fans view British riders (and I'm thinking mostly of the Pantani-loving Tifosi and the Contador fanaticos sort of fans). While there's grudging respect for people like Wiggins and Thomas - and then there's Cav for the sprints, obviously - it's someone like JTL that a 10 year old in Tuscany/Basque Country will more likely be imitating in the hills.
    He' the first British rider I've seen in a long time with the potential to blow the biggest races apart on the ugliest of hills.
    My PTP pick for Amstel 2013: JTL
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Work in the way however JTL in 84th but as part of the mass finish 10 seconds down.

Time for a hardcore we're cycling up Haytor attack?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • LeicesterLad
    symo wrote:
    Work in the way however JTL in 84th but as part of the mass finish 10 seconds down.

Hope so, he had a torrid day yesterday, saying he was in the gutter all day, pan flat and windy. Today suits him better. 4 cat2 climbs and a cobbled finish, should be good.
  • symo wrote:

Hope so, he had a torrid day yesterday, saying he was in the gutter all day, pan flat and windy. Today suits him better. 4 cat2 climbs and a cobbled finish, should be good.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Leicester Lad, but JTL has withdrawn ahead of today's stage. So has Kloden.
  • victorponf
    Just arrive from Ávila... epic medium mountain stage with wind, rain, snow and hailstone, what a faces in the finish (next to the wall of Avila, in a hill with cobbles). It´s a shame no tv coverage

Big Diferences:

1º 24 SANCHEZ, Luis Leon ESP RABOBANK 4:18:14 10"
    2º 65 LEVARLET, Guillaume FRA SAUR-SOJASUN a 02 6"
    3º 14 URTASUN, Pablo ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 02 4"
    4º 33 GERDEMANN, Linus GER RADIOSHACK-NISSAN a 05
    5º 1 CASTROVIEJO, Jonathan ESP MOVISTAR a 05

10º 36 MACHADO, Tiago POR RADIOSHACK-NISSAN a 14

21º 122 SCHUMACHER, Stefan GER CHRISTINA WATCHES a 09:38

30º 4 KARPETS, Vladimir RUS MOVISTAR a 09:38

42º 38 SERGENT, Jesse NZL RADIOSHACK-NISSAN a 09:38

48º 191 DI GREGORIO, Remy FRA COFIDIS Le credit en a 09:38

56º 121 RASMUSSEN, Michael DEN CHRISTINA WATCHES a 09:38

60º 193 MANCOUTIE, David FRA COFIDIS Le credit en a 09:38

65º 15 NIEVE, Mikel ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 09:38

71º 6 COBO, Juan Jose ESP MOVISTAR a 10:00

72º 11 LANDA, Mkel ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 10:00
    73º 2 ARROYO, David ESP MOVISTAR a 10:00

76º 55 CARDOSO, Manuel POR CAJA RURAL a 13:37

95º 195 TAARAMAE, Rein EST COFIDIS Le credit en a 13:45

131º 156 KOZYREV, Maxim RUS LOKOSPHINX a 28:25

22 riders retired (Kloden included)

Hope see LL Sánchez in Lieja...

Tomorow is going to be difficult have all the stage because the snow...
  • LeicesterLad
    symo wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, Leicester Lad, but JTL has withdrawn ahead of today's stage. So has Kloden.

Devastated
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    josame wrote:

He was up there in the mix today. He might even win.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • josame
    RichN95 wrote:
    josame wrote:

He was up there in the mix today. He might even win.

:D
  • frenchfighter
    1 Luis Leon Sanchez Gil (Spa) Rabobank Cycling Team 4:18:14
    17-onwards Lightweights 0:09:38

I would like to know how this occurred. Its not like the front group is rammed with heavy hitters in it. And with so many riders behind they couldn't ride these down...

However I guess the race is very light on talent tbh. And so maybe these teams, very few PT teams, just messed up the catch and gave up.

Anyone know what JTL's excuse/reason is this time?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    I would like to know how this occurred. Its not like the front group is rammed with heavy hitters in it. And with so many riders behind they couldn't ride these down...

However I guess the race is very light on talent tbh. And so maybe these teams, very few PT teams, just messed up the catch and gave up.

Anyone know what JTL's excuse/reason is this time?
    Just arrive from Ávila... epic medium mountain stage with wind, rain, snow and hailstone, what a faces in the finish (next to the wall of Avila, in a hill with cobbles).

From elsewhere, but aka. Victor P. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • victorponf
    You are right, 20 km to the finish the group was at 3 min, after that they surrender....

Now is -4,8 ºC in Navacerrada Climb....
  • victorponf
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dire weather again today and a number of riders don't want to start (via Inrng)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    victorponf wrote:
    You are right, 20 km to the finish the group was at 3 min, after that they surrender....

Now is -4,8 ºC in Navacerrada Climb....

Thanks, makes sense.
    Contador is the Greatest