Verenti Bikes... what's happened?

mattbass789
mattbass789 Posts: 355
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
As the title says, I've not seen anything new from Verenti in the last two years at least.
any one know what's happened to them? Or is this really a case to blame wiggle?
“If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham

Comments

• OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    I've never heard of them!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    You're right Matt - they were big news a year or two ago - I think they were even featured in Cycling Plus magazine as the choice for their Cycling Plus Training Team. I liked the 'Rhigos', a commuter/tourer type bike with mudguards. Wonder what happened to the brand.....?
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    You're right Matt - they were big news a year or two ago - I think they were even featured in Cycling Plus magazine as the choice for their Cycling Plus Training Team. I liked the 'Rhigos', a commuter/tourer type bike with mudguards. Wonder what happened to the brand.....?

Its Wiggle's own brand isn't it? Like CRC and Vitus...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?s=verenti

doesn't look like much has changed... they are still selling them.
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    Yeah they were sub brand of wiggle...
    Could it be the acquisition of wiggle, by bridgepoint that has caused them to cease developing any new products...

Yeah they still sell them but won't the groupsets be a few years old, and such. I don't have an issue with them but I'm just so used to being force fed the latest and greatest developments from each brand. I really like the verenti shame to see them only have one years worth of products...
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    The Dragon Ride (which includes the Rhigos climb) was sponsored by Wiggle for 2010-12. It was the 'Verenti Dragon Ride' for the first two years, but is now the 'Wiggle Dragon Ride', so it looks like they're not actively promoting the brand any more.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Yeah they were sub brand of wiggle...
    Could it be the acquisition of wiggle, by bridgepoint that has caused them to cease developing any new products...

Yeah they still sell them but won't the groupsets be a few years old, and such. I don't have an issue with them but I'm just so used to being force fed the latest and greatest developments from each brand. I really like the verenti shame to see them only have one years worth of products...

Yeah i liked them too -> the carbon ones have lugs which you don't see on many bikes.. they look pretty good value too with a 20% discount now.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I bought one then they discontinued them. I heard somewhere they were revamping the range I suppose they'll clear out all the old stock first. Got my Rhigos for £800 in the autumn 8)

It's a nice bike not got much to compare it to but I'm fairly sure it's better than me.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017