GPS Tracker

Megger02
Megger02 Posts: 5
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Hi Folks,

Looking if you have any experience with GPS Trackers found one on line that looks as if it could work.

SPYBIKE (www.integratedtrackers.com)

Poblems with othe trackers is visibility and accessability this one is put inside steerer column which might work better, any input would be good..

£100 to protect £2500+++ might be worth a punt

Thanks

G

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If they just nick the forks, as some tend to do if they can't easily get the rest of the bike, then at least you'd find the forks ;)
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    looks pretty good... comes with a special installation key that locks the top cap down on the steerer - so I guess it makes it a lot harder to nick the forks - unless you have the key of course ;-)
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Quite like the look of that.
    2012 Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x (MTB)
    2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Road)
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    That looks good. I'd like to check it out.
    Many happy trails!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    deadkenny wrote:
    If they just nick the forks, as some tend to do if they can't easily get the rest of the bike, then at least you'd find the forks ;)
    Isn't it in the top-cap? So when they take the forks out, they find, and actually remove, the GPS tracker?
  • deadkenny wrote:
    Isn't it in the top-cap? So when they take the forks out, they find, and actually remove, the GPS tracker?
    Not unless they have the special key to get it out, by the look's of things when you are screwing it into place there is a silvery thing to help it turn.although if it keeps on flashing it may give the game away(though that might be a great idea)
    2012 Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x (MTB)
    2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Road)
  • Andy Dobson
    Andy Dobson Posts: 366
    This sounds fantasic. HOWEVER, I cant think of a fork manufacturer that makes a fork with a steerer length of "at least 250mm" as standard.

Mmmmmmm.....

The Spybike tracker fits inside the steerer tube of your bicycle. You bike must have an "AHeadset" (it has a cap similar to the above photo). The tracker has a diameter of 23.5mm which fits steel, aluminiumm and most carbon fibre steerers. The tracker is 110mm long. This typically means your steerer must be minium 250mm long. See this link for more details Spybike Instructions
    Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy :-)
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I'm not convinced.

You have to remember to enable the GPS.
    You have to recharge the GPS.
    You have to remeber to top up your Pay-as-you-go SIM or at least check it has credit/enough credit in the event its taken, you don't want the SIM card running out 10 mins after the theif has done their deed. (if you went down the PAYG SIM route).

Thats a lot of remembering to do things, which I'll and no doubt others will forget.