Silly Commuter Remorse

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Kinda like Romance, but full of regret.....

I wish that I had not ridden over that smashed bottle.....

**Carry on!

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Wish I'd got up in time to cycle in today instead of rolling over and then waking up too late to ride in. That's nearly two weeks without commuting on the bike now.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I wish I'd got up this morning and done three laps of the park. My email last night said it was cancelled, but it was only the middle group that was cancelled, the fast still went out.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Wish i saved my money quicker so i can upgrade the bike (must stop spending on sundries to help with the saving)
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I wish I could get out of the house in time to do that extra 10-15mile loop I keep promising myself...
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    I've had this many times before. One that I am particularly remorseful over happened shortly after I'd begun regularly commuting by bike. I was steaming down College Road a bit too close behind, and to the left of, a yummy-mummy in a car who decided to turn left into Sydenham Hill station. Okay, her indicating was on the late side, but chances are she didn't see or hear me the way I was riding. This didn't stop me from shouting at her when I was forced to slam the anchors on and evasively steer into the station car park alongside her. She was hugely apologetic and I was a little embarrassed to see she had a kid in the back. Even then it was only a while later that I twigged it wasn't really her fault and that we cyclists have a responsibility to keep ourselves safe. And much like when driving a car, if you're too close to the vehicle in front to stop when necessary then it has to be at least partly your fault. Not all motorists are careless if they don't see you, we can be pretty invisible at times. Anyway, apologies to that lady.
  • I wish I'd got up this morning and done three laps of the park.

g.gif
  • whitebait01
    whitebait01 Posts: 610
    edited April 2012
    I wish I'd listened to my knees when they started hurting... Think I misunderstood what Jens was going on about.
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    I wish I hadn't extended my 5 minute ride to check out the new fettling on the bike, and then gone up the Regents Canal towpath with no spare tube and 23mm road tyres. Long walk back.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    I wish I hadn't had that unnecessary fifth pint last night.