Canyon Nerve 8.0

Reddwarf1972
Reddwarf1972 Posts: 49
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Im contemplating buying a canyon nerve 8.0 but worried about after sales service and warrenty issues with it being online sales only.
I would like to buy a similar spec bike from my LBS but can't find anything for the same money.

Has anyone had any more issues with Canyon that would confirm my fears

Cheers Ian
00 carrea kraken SE(still going)
09 M-trax 2.0ht
11 Cube AMS 100 comp. 2011
12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0

Comments

• JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    Haven't read the thread linked to above, but all I can say is that my dealings with Canyon have been faultless. I emailed them several times before buying my Nerve and every time they replied very quickly. When my bike arrived the box didn't contain the shock pump, another email to them and a pump was with me 2 days later.

Obviously haven't had any major problems to put them to the test but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

HTH

Jim
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • nobby2607
    nobby2607 Posts: 41
    I bought a canyon last year, they were excellent. I've got the xc 5 as I couldn't convince the misses to let me go any higher, and it was my first full suss. Can't recommend the bike enough! As for the service, they were spot on. Any questions were answered straight away, also received a courtesy phone call couple of weeks after I received the bike to see if I was enjoying it!

Haven't dealt with the warranty's as had no problems at all!! Looking at the nerve am, would use canyon against any one, can't get a better spec for the coin, service was quality!

Nobby
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pages and pages and pages of stuff here
    viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12789920
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    i have had a warranty issue with them, a failed freehub, and it was sorted without any problems, though it did take a couple of weeks because it happened just before the xmas holidays, so cant really blame canyon for that, other than that, fantastic bike, fantastic value
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Cheers for the reply's.
    Just got to decide which one now AM or XC.
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    I'd get the Nerve AM 7.0 and add the £165 Rockshox Reverb option during checkout, should be about £1,885 with delivery....if only I had about £1,885 lying around :|
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    Neal_ wrote:
    I'd get the Nerve AM 7.0 and add the £165 Rockshox Reverb option during checkout, should be about £1,885 with delivery....if only I had about £1,885 lying around :|

agree but the reverb is £200 inc vat via canyon - still a good deal

Bike-Discount.de might be cheaper, google shopping is suggesting the reverb can be had for under £200
  • Just a weight decision for me. XC8.0-11.95kg, AM 7.0-13.40kg. Might have to give the AM a miss.
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    edited April 2012
    frazered wrote:
    Neal_ wrote:

agree but the reverb is £200 inc vat via canyon - still a good deal

Bike-Discount.de might be cheaper, google shopping is suggesting the reverb can be had for under £200

I thought the prices on their website included VAT otherwise it'll be an extra 20% on top of the £1,669 bike price?

EDIT: I've just checked their website and the reverb is £165 including 20% VAT
  • They do include VAT on the bike, XC 8 is about 1710 with delivery charges. :D
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • nobby2607
    nobby2607 Posts: 41
    The xc will handle a lot more than it should for a 120mm bike. Less weight and a little less cash!!!
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    My mate is on the XC - It handles anything from XC racing to trail centres to natural UK terrain. He's delighted with it.

He did have an issue with a shifter breaking - not Canyon's fault - but they asked him to get it repaired at a LBS as he didn't want to send it back, then reimbursed him within a day or so for the repair! He's delighted with the service.
  • Can't wait to order one now.
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • Nerve XC 8.0. Has now arrived only took 5 days from placing order.
    Looks great, forest green great colour ( metallic paint finish).
    Just not had chance to ride it properly yet, wondering whether or not I
    Should have had out riggers and out board motor fitted.
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    Nerve XC 8.0. Has now arrived only took 5 days from placing order.
    Looks great, forest green great colour ( metallic paint finish).
    Just not had chance to ride it properly yet, wondering whether or not I
    Should have had out riggers and out board motor fitted.
    That's the model and colour I've been eyeing up. Can you post pictures of the Forest Green as I cannot find any decent ones to get an idea of the colour and how dark/light it is.
  • It's a very dark metallic green, appears almost black when not in sun light. Looks well, better than black.
    I'll post pictures when I' m home.
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    Thanks looking forward to seeing them. Is there at lot of fleck in the paint when in bright sunlight?
  • I've no idea. Need sun for that. But it shines with a torch on it.
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • I uploaded them to Flickr from my phone
    New Canyon Nerve XC8.0
    I'll sort link out when I get home at the weekend
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    That forest green does look gOod. Make sure you do post up when you get it. Shame it is not available on the wider range
  • Only choose it really because it was ready for immediate delivery, but Glad I did.
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0