Short routes for a quick blast around Hook?

deejay.
deejay. Posts: 665
Hi all,

I'm staying at Highfield Parkl, Heckfield, in Hook for a couple of nights this week, and I reckon I can get out for a quick blast on Thursday morning, and possibly also Friday morning as well. Any thoughts or tips for about an hour's loop? I'll need to be at my desk, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for 9am on the dot on Thursday, and possibly earlier on Friday, so it'll need to be a loop rather than an out-and-back, so if the 'p' fairies visit I can make a quick change and shortcut back to the venue. Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

deej
He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil...

Comments

• Schobiedoo
    Schobiedoo Posts: 121
    My favourite ride around Hook is (start changed from where you'll be staying):

Cycle to Rotherwick, go through village and then turn left at the T-junction to Newnham, at Newnham turn right at the crossroads, follow the road to Old Basing. At Old Basing take a left, up the small hill, turn left at the top, under the railway line, at the end of the road then a left and immediate right, go to the traffic lights, straight over (bearing left) go to A30 and cross straight over, follow the road, turn left at T-junction and then follow the road to Upton Grey, go through village then take a left onto road towards North Warnbrough, left turn at roundabout, left at next roundabout cross over the motorway and back into Hook and then back to your hotel. around 22 miles.

To be honest though, from where you will be staying you may be better off heading towards Hartley Witney or Sherfield as you'll be on quieter roads earlier in the ride.
    Neil Pryde Bura SL
    Cannondale CAAD8