Dennis Hennis Pen....

walkingbootweather
walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
...etrated.

The true story of the unlikely named Dennis Hennis who accidentally shot a four-inch nail into his heart - and survived.

Remind me not to feel so sorry for myself next time I get a nail in a tyre.
Nobody told me we had a communication problem

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Ummm.... how?

Nail guns are awesome, but every one of them I've seen you've had to push pretty hard on the muzzle in order for them to disengage the safety. I suppose he could've fallen on to it really awkwardly, but even then every time you're trying to fix something like that you make sure it's unplugged/off/empty; they've got explosive charges in ffs!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    16205309.jpg
    Caption:Mr Hennis was using a nail gun like this when he very nearly killed himself

I hate things like this. Either show the exact model of nail gun (so that if you have one you know the safety may be a bit dodgy), or don't show a picture of a nail gun at all.

You may as well say "Sir Chris Hoy won the kieirin on a bike like this"
    Calfee-Bamboo-Pro-ENVE-Smart-System-and-Hemp-BarStem.jpg

I'm sure a nail gun enthusiast would be as up in arms about the difference between the nail gun in the picture and the actual one used as we would be in the example I've used.

And as for blatantly photoshopped pictures in newspapers of the type of "How Queen Elizabeth II would look piloting a Eurofighter". Hate them, hate them, hate them.

Mr Hennis is an idiot. A very lucky person, but still an idiot. Evolution not quite in action.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    a nail gun yesterday

dewalt-16-nail-gun.jpg