Have I/you been a naughty boy?

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,098
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Got a list of the forum rules in 'Overview' in the User Control Panel section.
Was wondering if I was being singled out by the mods for a spanking.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Sorry to disappoint you, but you're nothing special. I have the same in my User Control Panel.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Nah supersonic added a forumwide announcement containing the rules. Not directed at anyone,but for everyones viewing.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Whingers are still whinging basically. This was just the next teacup...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    3) Use proper English, do not use 'txt tlk'. Do NOT post messages all in caps.
    Eeek! :shock:

We're in trouble now!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    yes, it all started when a communter, remember them, they complained that sections of the forum seemed uninviting to newcomers - made fun of a forumite for not being able to spell correctly. To his credit DDD, remember him, complained to the mods about the rudeness of the communter pedants....so no txt speak....well thats the forumites in Runcorn fecked then, hehe
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    BR Office section > discuss the website with the team board > the intolerance of the pedants thread
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    BR Office section > discuss the website with the team board > the intolerance of the pedants thread

That should read "pedants' thread" :wink: .
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    DesWeller wrote:

That should read "pedants' thread" :wink: .
    There are more grocer's on cycling forums than anywhere else. Fact! It's the delivery bike, I suspect.

:wink:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Richard_D
    Richard_D Posts: 320
    The problem with correct the grammer of somebody else is that you have to be very careful about your own grammer.
    Des was incorrect with his correction unless he was assuming that the thread only belonged to a single pedant.

It should be pedants' thread
  • Richard_D
    Richard_D Posts: 320
    Ouch I have just shot myself in the foot. I am sure I read pedant's not pedants' in Des' post
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Richard_D wrote:
    The problem with correct the grammer of somebody else is that you have to be very careful about your own grammer.
    Des was incorrect with his correction unless he was assuming that the thread only belonged to a single pedant.

Surely "grammar"?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Got a list of the forum rules in 'Overview' in the User Control Panel section.
    Was wondering if I was being singled out by the mods for a spanking.

You'd know if you were up for a spanking...
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Yossie wrote:
    Richard_D wrote:

Surely "grammar"?

Beat me to it. I should read all the threads every day....
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    The Rules wrote:
    4) The forum is not an "online chat room" for inane banter or stupid postings.
    That's me f*cked...
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Picks up coat and heads for the door :(

Or should that be 'head's'?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Picks up coat and heads for the door :(

Or should that be 'head's'?

No!

Go read eats shoots & leaves.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    I like no.11 - "Do not use titles like "HEEELLLPPP PPPLEEASE!!!!" - So that's anyone on a sinking ship or stuck down a flooded mine shaft f*cked too.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    pdstsp wrote:
    I like no.11 - "Do not use titles like "HEEELLLPPP PPPLEEASE!!!!" - So that's anyone on a sinking ship or stuck down a flooded mine shaft f*cked too.

Not a all, you just need to know the secret call-word. Why do you think we have a mod called Supersonic hmm?!? hmm?!?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    I read it, not much of a plot. Did you miss out the comma to test me? Did I win? Do I get a prize?

(The one I read was a Spaghetti Western, very tasty)
    The older I get the faster I was