Panracer fire xc pro

gallowayphantom
gallowayphantom Posts: 36
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all
Anyone use Panracer fire xc pro tyres. Any reccomendations and what tyre sizes to use. Ride on 7stanes and natural trails.

Comments

• Ghostt
    Ghostt Posts: 192
    I've been using a set for a few months now and love them, hold on in the corners and any slides are predictable. Definitely go for the 2.1" as they come up narrow. They're quite tall though so still soak up a beating. I'm running them around 32psi, no problems with pinch flats. Found above 40psi they get a little skittish, the rear was prone to suddenly sliding out under braking on hard surfaces, looked very cool but didn't half give me a few brown trouser moments!
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot
  • Ive been using these tyres since january, replacing continental mountain kings.
    These are the best tyres I have ridden on. Not a single complaint, psychic handling, no punctures.
    Ive got folding 2.1's, run them about 40psi (I weight 95 kg's).
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    Good tyres IMO. I used to run the 2.1 version, offers plenty of grip in all conditions.
  • I have had the 2.1" tyres on my hardtail for months now and they are very good all round tyres. No problems to report. I had Kenda Nevegal 2.1"s before that and they were good too. Only reason for change was a puncture fest at a trail centre due to bald tyres and the Panaracers were all the shop had in that day.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I run 2.1's, or a 1.8 on the rear as it gets muddier, very happy with them, tried my daughters Schwalbe Nobby Nics and preferred my XC pro's.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • parryman
    parryman Posts: 155
    Been using fire xcs for years. Best tyres I've used.
    2.1 all these way

(i have a 2.4 fire FR up front some times but it is overkill)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨The Amazing Parryman
  • Ex0dUs
    Ex0dUs Posts: 7
    Another vote for Fire XCS Pro's. Got them on my Trek 4500 at the moment and love them.
  • Looks like I'm getting these. Merlin cycles are doing a pair of folding ones +tubs for £43.95
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    I run 2.1's, or a 1.8 on the rear as it gets muddier, very happy with them, tried my daughters Schwalbe Nobby Nics and preferred my XC pro's.

Ran this set up on a Zaskar this winter, 1.8 so much better in the mud, but very skittery on descents.

And Merlin seem to have deals on the 2.1s just now, though they are out of wire bead ones.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days