New to MTB, just put in my order

Hierotochan
Hierotochan Posts: 108
edited April 2012 in MTB beginners
After an incident with a truck my road bike has been written off and I'm using the insurance money to pay for my first mountain bike since the invention of suspension!

After some deliberation I've gone for a Whyte 146 Works (ordered from Evans last week), which has pretty much everything I want in one bike: SRAM groupset, tubeless wheels, carbon frame and Fox suspension. That and a little bit of GB engineering & I'm happy!
Checked with the distributor and (sad face) they won't be in until at least the end of the month. Still, that gives me time to get some feedback and advice on where to ride.

So, I live close to Epping Forrest and have been borrowing my neighbour's old Orange Gringo for some XC rides. I would like to get into some faster, more technical trail riding and would appreciate any advice on places I can get to from London easily. Any tips on places to go, routes like the Surrey hills or some runs I might not know about in Epping (I'm still exploring)?

Any help would be good, cheers!
Welcome to Hoogerland, Population: Heroes.

Danny Hart; How does he sit down with balls that big?

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
  • Hierotochan
    Hierotochan Posts: 108
    Cheers for that, I've seen those threads. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Also was wondering if anyone else has/is waiting for a Whyte and would share their opinion, and if there are any Epping locals willing to show a noob around on a battered hard-tail while I'm waiting for my 146 to arrive?
    Welcome to Hoogerland, Population: Heroes.

Danny Hart; How does he sit down with balls that big?