how do people dry their shoes at work?

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited April 2012 in Commuting general
Hi

I was just wondering how people get there shoes dryh whilst at work if they get wet in the mornings?
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Practically - try getting a pair of waterproof overshoes - this keeps the worst of the water off them, but will never be 100% due to water running down your legs. Then when you get to work, stuff them with newspaper, then remove paper at lunchtime and either replace or leave to air.
  • tiny_pens
    tiny_pens Posts: 293
    Waterproof socks instead? Coupled with spd sandals :twisted:
  • choldy
    choldy Posts: 28
    We are really lucky here as we have changing rooms and a drying room on site, see if you can get your employer to sort out the facilities:O)
  • corshamjim
    corshamjim Posts: 234
    The air-conditioning in our office makes the air so dry, that just about any wet thing left anywhere in the office will be dry as a bone by home-time. :D

I have been known to ride in to work in wellington boots with waterproof over-trousers over them - that works a treat, but to be honest it's rarely bad enough weather here to warrant such an extreme measure.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Overshoes - Newspaper.

Win.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    I just wear them. Nuff said.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Overshoes.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • jonnyboy77
    jonnyboy77 Posts: 547
    pop them on the floor behind my PC, dry after about an hour :)
    Commuting between Twickenham <---> Barbican on my trusty Ridgeback Hybrid - url=http://strava.com/athletes/125938/badge]strava[/url
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I have used newspaper in the past. Sometimes I just take the insoles out and put them near a radiator. The quickest way to dry them out is to ride home in them in the dry. You'd be amazed how quickly they dry out with all that air whizzing past them.
  • mattcroad
    mattcroad Posts: 189
    +1 on the drying room at work
    +1 for the newpaper at home
    There is a rule for that
    FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
    FCN 11 2007 Apollo XC.26s
  • zenistar
    zenistar Posts: 75
    After stuffing with newspaper I tend to put mine on top of the air con ducts - no heat coming out of the ducts but the airflow helps :)
    2012 Brompton S6L
    2011 Canyon Nerve XC 9.0
    2001 Specialized Allez
    1998 Specialized Rockhopper FS - still going strong!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Overshoes and mudguards = dry feet :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bolts100
    bolts100 Posts: 20
    Put mine directly under the the air con unit. Dry in a couple of hours
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Old DrMartin shoes so they are fairly waterproof any how.
  • I'm fairly sure that wrapping them in loose sheets of newspaper as well as stuffing them improves in wicking the water out - I've used newspaper wicks that with the fingers of turned inside out gloves before now..

In principle there ought to be a suitable dessicant - perhaps cloth bags of cat litter ...
    Giant ATX 830 45mm Country-Plus tyres. age 50, 18 stone, flappy hi-vis, basket, bell, kickstand FCN=15 ?,