Hi
Need some advise on a dork for my Santa crux nomad
It can take 160mm to 180mm
Been looking at

Fox float 36 160mm
Marzocchi 55 ti rc3 evo 160mm
Rock shox Lyrik dual position 160mm
Bos deville 160mm

Steering away from bos as repairs and servicing can be a hassle as no uk service centre
Like the look of the new 55 ti

Last to bike have had fox and have not been overly impressed with them very temperamental and forever need servicing

Would like to here your experience and opinion on forks

Comments

• specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    I haven't used any of the above forks so can't recommend any but I did look at the devilles for my bike and am fairly certain (info from another forum) :oops: that these guys http://www.r53engineering.com/ are the UK importers and handle servicing. Only shows auto stuff on the website I think.
  • jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    from what ive heard the lyrics would be cheaper the run well because fox require specialized tools to service.but im not a genius at this sort of thing but ive heard you can servicce rockshox yourself. also i dont know to much about the marz or bos.
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    fox require no specific tools that I know of :? my 32 floats have done over a year of hard riding, without so much as needing a single thing doing, re-oiled the dust wipers and foam rings once, but thats it, still feel smooth as silk. Fox in my experience, barring stancion wear on older, pre-kashima forks, but other than that, very few issues. service intervals are bollocks imo, if it starts to feel rough, do a quick service. as reference to this, my revelations, supposedly a much more reliable and easier to work with fork, has been something of a nightmare in recent times, it completely seized early last year, and has never performed well since the "service" from tf tuned, who were not in the least bit helpful. the myth of fox forks comes from older forks, the latest generation of fork are class leaders in most respects, expensive, but worth it.

if it were my money, it would be either a deville or a 36 float rlc, all the lyriks I've ridden have felt shite.
  • coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    my fox forks were 2012 and 2010 version none had kashima coating but the did not feel half as nice as the lyrik i rode a couple of years ago.
    the devilles are meant to be super plush but not the easiest to get hold off and the uk importer does not service them but sends them off to france.

the 55 really intrest me but never ridden any
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I love my lyriks, really good fork. Fox are pricey for what they are IMO, I'd never buy new fox forks (well, not right now anyway). I'd be tempted to give the new zocchi RC3s a try, they're supposedly really good.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd avoid the Lyrik dual position, the standard ones perform better. I'd look at these:

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... Forks_2011

Great damper, light, superb price too. Though if you can afford it and want the best small bump response, the Zocchi 55 Ti is simply amazing. The Fox 36 160 is the lightest, but even with Kashima can't keep up with either the Lyrik or 55 for bump sensitivity.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    I've just bought a set of x-fusion vengeances, really pleased with them so far and they're nicer than the talas 36s they've replaced. 200 hour service interval isn't too bad either.

Various flavours available - coil, air, travel adjust etc.

Well worth a look imo.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have got the Lyrik RC2DH & it's the best fork I have ever ridden. Feels like a short travel Boxxer WC.
    Avoid the dual position Lyriks, too unreliable.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Float 36's here. 8 months hard (ish) riding and no probs so far. Famous last words :)
  • I have 2012 Float 36 RC2 160mm's and 2011 Float 36 180mm RC2's, I had the 2011 160mm RLC's and Fox 36 160mm Talas (2008) before that... They are brilliant forks and with the addition of Kashima coating, even better than ever. Totally recommend them.