Torn between these Two Bikes?

Chris30381
Chris30381 Posts: 49
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, as per the Topic Title really I am torn between these Two Bikes:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165534

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Python-Ul ... 27c26c1cad

I know I have posted similar Topics but after riding a couple of Bikes in the Sunshine last Weekend it has made me really want a Bike of my own. I tested my Wifes Saracen Tufftrax and a mates old Giant with Rigid Forks and I honestly preferred the Giant as I felt the Saracens Suspension was too soft and was bouncing whilst I was picking up speed but was ok once rolling. Initially I thought I would be using the Bike for Trails etc but it turns out that the Wife and Mates actually do more Road and Canal Paths which I think the Carrera would be better suited for. I also want to take the nippa out on the back which again I think the Carrera will be better for, its also lighter and another plus for the Carrera is Halfords is only a 2 Minute Drive Away. Although I like the idea of the Pythons Lockout Suspension just incase the terrain does get a little rougher and as also mentioned before it does have Deore 27 Speed Gears, its cheaper but will be a Mail Order and so I wont be able to test it...

Any advice? Please

Thanks Chris

Comments

• Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    Go with the carrera - the suntour forks on the python will be pointless and heavier. The carrera has a nice selection of kit on it too and it is a 400 pound bike reduced, plus you get the first free service to tune your gears back in if needed etc.

It will be also easier to chase halfords if theres a problem than an ebayer (not withstanding halfords variable service geographically).

Go for the Carrera - suits what you want perfectly, lighter, better spec, no gimmicks (i.e. poor sus forks).
  • Cheers Tom, I agree I think my mind was made up when I went to look at the Carrera Today as it did feel nice and comfy and looked good too :-) unfortunately had the Nippa pulling me out the shop so will probably go and pick it up next weekend. Will keep an eye out for further reductions or discount codes in the meantime ;-)