Have I made the correct choice

tallpaul1510
tallpaul1510 Posts: 3
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi there, hope you can help.

I have just placed an order through my works cycle-scheme for a Giant Anthem X3 2011. I am upgrading from a Carrera Kraken and will be using this bike for Dalby Red Run and the like locally. Trouble is I am getting a little buyers remorse and thinking I should have leaned more towards the Trance x4 (x3 is a stretch to far) for the type of riding I will be doing. I have been swayed towards the Anthem due to the Fox suspension any advice is welcome as I still have time to make amends if necessary.

Thanks.

Comments

• Sodfoster
    Sodfoster Posts: 412
    I have the x5 and have to say I love it, I got it for a bargain price of £800 before xmas and have added a few upgrades. I'm quiet a heavy rider 14 1/2 stone and ride mainly the 7 staines GT, Inners, AE, Kirroughtree Red and blacks etc... and it has not failed me once. I Love the bike, I guess the only thing really depends on the kind of riding you do, if you like big drops, flying straight over more techy stuff then maybe a longer fork/shock combo would suit. However for most trail centres I doubt you would be left wanting with the X3.
    Dawes Tamark DX (RIP)

Cube Acid 2010 (RIP)

Saracen Zen 3 (RIP)

Giant Anthem X5

CdF

The whole white bike thing was just coincedence........
  • Bishbosh10
    Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
    The anthem is a twitchy XC racer. The trance is far more laid back and has a bit more travel. Horses for courses really...
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    Hi

The anthems more than enough bike for red graded trails, I regularly ride mine up at Cannock, Swinley, Dalby, Winlatter and the likes. I've even taken it down the red run at Aston Hill with no issues, there's a lot more to the Anthem than people imagine. If you're keen on hitting jumps in excess of about a metre, maybe the Trance is more your bag but from the sounds of it then Anthems a great choice. The X1 has won countless awards, usually due to the fact it's so versatile. I'd rate it more as a light trail bike, rather than just as a 100mm race bike.
  • Thanks for taking the time to reply, after reading the comments I have decided to stay with the Anthem.
    I appreciate your input.