balotelli-007.jpg

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Talented player.
    No brain.
    Going to waste that talent.

Same could be said of Gavin Henson.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    True, he is undoubtedly talented but he also seems a troubled personality. Even when things are going well he seems unable to smile and show any kind of real joy. Ultimately he is a liability in a team sport, Mancini must take some of the blame though, having admitted that he cannot trust Balotelli he then picks him for a critical game! He should have taken him off as soon as he received the yellow card, it was a sure thing he would get a second, really bad management.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    i'm not saying he's in their league, but sometimes rsoles are worth the bother - eg best, cantona, gazza, bowles

he got slagged off last week for having a strop when he wanted to take a free kick, but he also scored two goals to salvage a point, so it's not all bad

i think he's just a bit of a bairn really, not a patch on our Nile Ranger when it comes to bother
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    He's won city more points than he's lost for 'em.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    He's won city more points than he's lost for 'em.

How do you know? Two points dropped at Anfield, may not have lost them if he had not got sent off. Likewise at Arsenal yesterday, who's to say he may not have scored a last minute equaliser if he had not been so foolish. There's at least 3 points that might not have been lost if City had 11 men on the pitch.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Firstly, I m a Gooner. Even before yesterday I am also a big fan of Mario, ( and a hypocrite I was out my seat shouting red after the first challenge on Song yesterday)

However, the bloke is quality, and there does seem to be this correlation between great players and poor temperament.

I watched the interview with Noel Gallagher on Footy Focus a few weeks back to see how much of the Urban myths were just that (Unfortunatley , most of them) but still came away from it with a massive affection for the kid.

He's only 21 for christs sake, think quite a few of us would freak out in that position at that age.

He's certainly handled himself a lot better than that dummy spitting co*k end Tevez, Now thats a "waste of space"
    three quarters of a season sat sulking, when his contribution I think could have clinced it for city.

I hope Balotelli sticks around and I hope that he gets a robust manager who can handle him.

I d welcome him at Arsenal, I remember the bad reputation R.V.P came with and it took us a while to get the best from him because he was playing in the shadow on HENRY and frequently injured.

If Mancini had the option to play Tevez and Balotelli off against one another to keep them hungry and disciplined then I think City would have walked it this season.

(I really , really hate Utd, yesterday was bitter sweet)
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    All the talent in the world is no use if you are banned for half the season due to indiscipline, how much of the season will he have missed due to suspension? Not quite buying the age argument either, there are plenty of young players who know how to behave.