How do I change the combination on my lock...

thefd
thefd Posts: 1,021
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
I have inherited a lock similar to this onehttp://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/LOKRKFL/kryptonite_kryptoflex_1565_combination_cable_lock_with_bracket

It has a combination set which I would like to change to something more memorable, but I cannot work out how to change it. I don't have any instructions. Does anyone have any ideas?
2017 - Caadx
2016 - Cervelo R3
2013 - R872
2010 - Spesh Tarmac

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I don't own one of these locks but this may help...

http://www.ehow.com/how_4793586_change- ... -lock.html
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    TheFD wrote:
    I have inherited a lock similar to this onehttp://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/LOKRKFL/kryptonite_kryptoflex_1565_combination_cable_lock_with_bracket

It has a combination set which I would like to change to something more memorable, but I cannot work out how to change it. I don't have any instructions. Does anyone have any ideas?

You could just remember the combination? Its not hard to remember important things eg. Lock combos, credit card pins etc.

Or google for the instructions.
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    I have one similar and you open the lock and there may be a 'u' shaped thingy you lift up and swing to the other side. Put you new number on, say 6829. Swing the thingy back and that should be your new number. The lock shaft should go in. If it does then it will release when the new number is used. I'll now go and have a go at mine to make sure that works :wink: Yep that's it :lol:
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    cyco2 wrote:
    I have one similar and you open the lock and there may be a 'u' shaped thingy you lift up and swing to the other side. Put you new number on, say 6829. Swing the thingy back and that should be your new number. The lock shaft should go in. If it does then it will release when the new number is used. I'll now go and have a go at mine to make sure that works :wink: Yep that's it :lol:
    Hmmm - I just tried this and the 'u' thingy pinged off and the whole lock came apart - bits everywhere. I managed to put it back together but haven't changed the code.
    You could just remember the combination? Its not hard to remember important things eg. Lock combos, credit card pins etc.

Or google for the instructions.
    I think I will just remember the code! :D
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,161
    from the interweb...

"With the lock open, locate the latch that is at the end of the combination numbers. Lift this latch and move it through 180 degrees. You can now set the combination to what you wish. Once done, lift the latch again and put it back into its original starting position."
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    TheFD wrote:
    Hmmm - I just tried this and the 'u' thingy pinged off and the whole lock came apart - bits everywhere. I managed to put it back together but haven't changed the code.

I think I will just remember the code! :D

I am so sorry but I did laugh :lol::lol::lol:

Now all you have to do is change your debit card number to match and you have cracked it :?
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    If you tell me your credit card pin, and post me the lock, i will change the combo for you? :mrgreen: