£1000 jump bike build budget

Daley J
Daley J Posts: 6
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
I have a £1000 budget to build or buy an all round DJ/Park/Street Bike. im realy stuck when it comes down to choosing the right parts. I know that want front suspension, gears, 24" wheels and hydro brakes.
Can anyone please help with any advice ?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Marzocchi Bombers on the front, Halo Tornado (20mm axle front), most decent Hydro brakes will be fine.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Or Rockshox Argyle forks DMR 24" Pro wheels. Single speed, gears will be pointless & most good 24" frames are single speed only. Gusset cranks. Gusset Chute rear brake, front brake is not needed and the hose will limit bar spins..
  • Daley J
    What frame would say is good a choice ?
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Daley J wrote:
    What frame would say is good a choice ?

1) Deity Cryptkeeper

But at £400 its a big chunk of your budget, Winstanleys had some 26" DMR Transition frames for £150, get some wheels from superstar components £140, forks again Winstanleys have some 2011 DJ2 for £160ish, then the rest what ever you can get bargain prices.

Or get on ebay and buy one second hand, I got a DMR Sidekick2 for £210 but ive spent £400 on it.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • 1mancity2
  • Daley J
    that DMR looks nice but do you think it will any good, ive read mixed reviews?
    also if i was to get it i would have to upgrade the breaks to hyro. any thoughts what would be good?

your DMR is tidy, nice job.
  • 1mancity2
    Daley J wrote:
    that DMR looks nice but do you think it will any good, ive read mixed reviews?
    also if i was to get it i would have to upgrade the breaks to hyro. any thoughts what would be good?

your DMR is tidy, nice job.

Cheers its changed a lot since then as well, new pics soon.