Jan Ullrich & Ötztaler Radmarathon 2011

berliner
berliner Posts: 340
185th 8hrs 12 With Olympic skiier Frank Wörndle , also registered for 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Nf11zg ... ure=relmfu

Length: 227,1 km, Altitude: 5222 m

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i watched it all - brilliant - what a fantastic ride they all must have had.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    That looks ACE!

Ullrich looking really good and happy.

I can't help thinking the organisation is almost on a par with the Spring Fling ride. Almost.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    I've entered this. Should be fun. And a bit of hard work. I wonder how many will see him and blow their ringpieces out trying to beat him.
  • berliner
    berliner Posts: 340
    bobgfish wrote:
    I've entered this. Should be fun. And a bit of hard work. I wonder how many will see him and blow their ringpieces out trying to beat him.
    Good Luck , its been rated an excellent event and proper tough...
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    bobgfish wrote:

Starts off as fun, half way up the third climb, the Jaufenpass, I started to want my Mum...
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    Starts off as fun, half way up the third climb, the Jaufenpass, I started to want my Mum...

Still should be fun. I've got the full 270km Liege Bastogne Liege in 8 days (Yikes) and that is nearly the same amount of climbing. At least I'll know if I suck or not and have some time for improvement.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    It is a great event, the crowds, scenery, cows in the road and fantastic organisation.
    Applied this year and didn't get a place although still in the draw for the seceond draw in May but doubt I'd take it up at that short notice.
    Enjoy.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    I bottled this on very short notice when I worked in Germany a few years ago - regret it now but it was probably the right decision at the time!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • akastana
    akastana Posts: 66
    Got my entry again this year - 3rd one in a row! Glutton for punishment! You know it is a tough one when you enter the GF Giordana (aka GF Marco Pantani) as a training ride! Looking forward to it again, best sportive on earth IMHO - wish I had fuelled myself better last year, was sitting on a sub 10 i reckon but absolutely crawled up the Timmelsjoch feeling close to death - my plan this year is wake up at 5am eat lots, get to start and continue to eat constantly for the entire ride!