FBI look to charge Landis with fraud.

BikingBernie
BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
edited April 2012 in Pro race
First they fail to bring any charges against Armstrong, allegedly for 'political' reasons, despite collecting a shed load of incriminating evidence, now the focus has shifted to Landis instead.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/could-f ... ud-charges
The news surrounding a possible federal case against Landis dates back to 2007, when in January of that year he set up the Floyd Fairness Fund...Cyclingnews understands that a Grand Jury in San Diego may charge him with fraud and that Landis has been notified by FBI agents.

I have always thought that Landis kept up his protestations of innocence regarding his testosterone bust precisely because there was always a chance of this happening

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I thought that they aren't charging him with using federal funds to bribe the UCI but they are still looking into doping allegations.

Am I wrong?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    First they fail to bring any charges against Armstrong, allegedly for 'political' reasons, despite collecting a shed load of incriminating evidence, now the focus has shifted to Landis instead.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/could-f ... ud-charges
    The news surrounding a possible federal case against Landis dates back to 2007, when in January of that year he set up the Floyd Fairness Fund...Cyclingnews understands that a Grand Jury in San Diego may charge him with fraud and that Landis has been notified by FBI agents.

I have always thought that Landis kept up his protestations of innocence regarding his testosterone bust precisely because there was always a chance of this happening

BB,
    Ashenden reckoned Floyd was truthful in the sense that he didn't use testosterone during the 06 TDF but blood bags he transfused had traces. Has Landis admitted to transfusions at 06 TDF?? I guess yes. How can a grand jury be called if a suspect admits they did what is alleged? Surely just quick and straight to a court trial. Second, Landis was mostly protecting the Omerta..protecting his former friends and colleagues so would be wrong if he gets done for it again. Could LA get drawn in anywhere conceivably? Was he behind the Floyd Fairness Fund? They were not close by 2005..
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I doubt anything will come of this.

Wasn't it rumoured that most of the Fairness Fund came from Armstrong anyway?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:
    I doubt anything will come of this.

Wasn't it rumoured that most of the Fairness Fund came from Armstrong anyway?

Yep, I think most of it came from the Tailwind Sports guys.

I'd think Armstrong and co would just like this all to go away.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.