Buying a new full suspension tomorrrow….

asayer
asayer Posts: 7
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey all,

I know that the same questions get asked over and over but I have trawled all over the site before starting a new topic!

I am hopefully gtting this bike tomorrow ( Cube AMS Comp 20")

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-AMS-Comp-M ... _39700.htm

and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on it? Can't seem to find many reviews for it so thought I would ask before going through with the final purchase! I am getting it for £1050 as they link I have given is now out of stock! That did include some haggling with the shop as they are selling it for £1150 at the moment so not too bad really.

What are peoples thoughts? This is going to be my first Full suspension bike, mainly for light trails ect.

Any advice before I purchase would be great!

Thanks

Ash :D

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    It looks all good but that rear shock is a bit iffy.
  • you could have haggled more as it is now down to £1007 but looks like a good desal for the money. Are they local to you-always feel it is good to buy from the local shop as full suspension bikes often take a bit more fettling to get right
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Looks great for the money. Shock isn't great but at that price the general spec of the bike is extremely good, especially the fork.
  • asayer
    The shop I am buying from is a local one, the link I gave is to another shop that is sold out. I am also getting the other colour scheme too which I don't think is sold at the £1007 price.

Glad to be buying from a local shop as they have been very helpful so far. I have given it a test ride and everything seems good so happy to buy, just wondered what others thought really, and apart from the rear shock everything seems good to me!

Thanks for the replies everyone!
  • bennett_346
    The rear shock isnt bad, it just has been known to have issues with the lockout lever switching from off to on during rattly descents. It's not too bad to ride at all. It is a good buy that bike is.
  • asayer
    I shall give it a proper test when I have picked it up! I am not planning on going to hardcore tbh so will probably be fine for my usage! Thanks again for the comments! Makes me feel better about spending a grand on a bike haha!
  • bennett_346
    asayer wrote:
    I shall give it a proper test when I have picked it up! I am not planning on going to hardcore tbh so will probably be fine for my usage! Thanks again for the comments! Makes me feel better about spending a grand on a bike haha!
    Let us know about the maiden voyage 8)