Bike Radar Auction room?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,347
Just a thought fellas/lassies/campers. How about a bike Radar auction room? A lot of naughty people use this site to point to a well known auction site, which I know is illicit. Much better to have control of the problem yourselves as well as attracting new faces to the site. The classifieds section, just like a lot of other columns in the forum, have posts that have well expired but few delete them, this must be a problem for your server/database - yes/no?
You could have your own auction room as part of the website.
(In the event you take up my idea, I would like a goodwill fee!)
Cheers
Rob
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Classifieds auto prune, so clogged database is not a problem.

It is no longer against the rules to link into ebay.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and has not been for a few years,

maybe read the classifieds rules again?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • pinno
    Thought it would be a money spinner and maybe attract more people to bike radar. Its also specific to cycling.
    Okay, read the rules, yes boss, just an idea - thats all.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    It would be but it'd also present plenty of new problems.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • pinno
    Thank you for replying.
    The site has evolved a lot since I first registered. I don't know what you have in the pipeline, it just seems that if your not evolving in this day and age, you get left behind.
    I have also purchased/sold a few bits through the classifieds section and encountered no problems whatsoever. 99.9% of sellers/buyers are honest and very reasonable. I havent heard anything derogatory.
    I wish you luck in continuing bikeradar, its a great site with everything to offer for all abiliites.
    It is with great regret despite over 10,000 views (re.: shoot clarkson campaign) that I have not managed to generate any support for a decent debate about the safety of cyclists and the lack of a judicial process in the event of death and serious injury. With the number of subscribers to bikeradar, there is fantastic potential to create a collective force for some form of change. If only those who are keen on the idea could be somehow be brought together in a more organised and constructive manner. Would this be something that the team would be interested in? After all, you could give it the weight and create momentum that no individual could.
    I look forward to your thoughts about this.
    Robert Day