cracked frame

dcab
dcab Posts: 255
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
recently discovered a crack in my cervelo RS! :( the dealer has sent it back to the importer which i believe is madison?
problem is how long do these thing take to get sorted? anybody any experience of this sort of thing :?:
veritas vos liberabit

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    dcab wrote:
    recently discovered crack in my cervelo RS! :(the dealer has sent it back to the importer which i believe is madison?
    problem is how long do these thing take to get sorted? anybody any experience of this sort of thing :?:

:D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    How long for what? Assuming your looking for a replacement, have they actually inspected the damage yet and agreed it's not been caused by you?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Did you not think to ask the dealer at the time ?
    Hope it's sorted soon and you're back on the road quickly.
  • rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    If they decide to replace it then 7 days and it should be done, but you will need to pay to have the groupo etc changed over as they only sort the frame (obiously your shop may do it for free).

If they decide its your fault/not needing repair they will either try to flog you a new one or send you away.

If you decide you want to get it repaired yourself then get in touch with me and I can advise accordingly.
  • dcab
    dcab Posts: 255
    yes i did ask the dealer, they couldnt give a definative answer? the reason i asked on here was to see if anybody had had any dealings with madison? as for the crack i can't possibly see how it's my fault ? and i believe cracking round the bottom bracket has been a problem with cervelo R models?
    veritas vos liberabit