new to MTB and blogging

MTB-UK
MTB-UK Posts: 3
edited April 2012 in MTB beginners
Just wondering if you guys could take a quick look at my new/first site where I will be sharing my experiences. On trails and with new gear. Etc. Please leave some feedback on the site or here in this post. I look forward to all and any comments and advice.

Thank you in advance to everyone that takes the time to have a look. And please bare in mind I have only just started this in the last few hours so there is very little content at the moment but if you like what you see so far tell me and check back to see new stuff.

Here's the URL....
http://www.MTBUK.WordPress.com

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Good start, Link fail.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    And without being nasty, that's not a mountain bike. Try anything remotely serious and it will kill you.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • MTB-UK
    MTB-UK Posts: 3
    Link fail? I wasn't sure if you could post URLs here that's why I changed the . to [dot]. I know it would kill me and I wouldn't even think of attempting anything serious on that lump of junk. Iv only been using it to get a bit if fitness back before I get a proper bike, I'm just waiting for my employers bike4work scheme to re-open next month as I missed it last year. My first post was to demonstrate what to expect when you spend a small amount of money on a big pile of disappointment in a box. I wasn't expecting anything brilliant for what I paid but I tehought I'd at least be able to enjoy myself on a trail and come back alive....turns out you cant have everything hahaha
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just re-edit the post and use the damned URL< if you'd looked on here elsewhere you'd find everyone else does!

Won't comment yet as my co. firewall stops access!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    My opinion, in general, unless you have something startlingly original to say, blogs are a boring vanity.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So you bought a pile of poo, now tell people in your vast experience of said pile of poo that they have to spend £500 plus (check out the reviews of the £350 Carrera Vulcan - crashed and burnt), you also advocate C2W, well you a) have to be working and b) have an employer offering the scheme to do that don't you.

You don't balance bike wheels and it's a seat post. Most used retailers? Well I reckon Halfords are most used by a LONG way.

Mindless words do not a blog make, suggest you start again as that is chronic.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    cooldad wrote:
    blogs are a boring vanity.
    Fixed that for you.

If you want to voice your opinion with like minded people, and occasionally learn something, or have your preconceptions altered, or, teach something to others, and change their opinions - then join some kind of online community, like this one, right here.

If you want to just shout your own opinions, and can't handle others correcting you, or raising contentious points (either valid, or otherwise) - then start a blog.
  • S-M
    S-M Posts: 174
    People start these all the, get obsessed over it for a few days, then get bored with it and never update it, i bet this one ends up the same!

Posts on 5/6 april then nothing since :lol:
    1999 Specialized FSR Elite MAX Backbone.
    1998 Specialized FSR Ground Control - stripped for parts.
    2011 Boardman Pro HT - SOLD! (low quality, expensive garbage)
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    If you want to just shout your own opinions, and can't handle others correcting you, or raising contentious points (either valid, or otherwise) - then join some kind of online community, like this one, right here.

Fixed!

Blogs are just like diaries, people just having a post ride brain dump most of the time, I neither read nor write one, lots of people do both though.

Back on topic, I'd get away from the default blog skins as quickly as possible, it makes it look a lot more like your own creation if it looks a bit more individual. There's so many around you can still find one on the net and look like your own fortunately. Get a few images of your own in there if you can, a title bar and things.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Looks like you've spent about 5mins on the design. You can't expect people to come back and look at your blog if it looks like that. Design & content are what you need to work on

I'm not sure if a photo of a bike in a kitchen is really going to capture anyones imagination :?

Started a blog myself recently - have a look http://thehairyrider.com/
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • cooldad
    No.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    cooldad wrote:
    No.

hahaha..that was meant to be directed at the OP but looks like he's fled the scene
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8