Superstar Pedals, Ti axles, which way round???

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited April 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got some Ultra-mags with Ti axles fitted to the reed. They've only done about 30miles, but they've started making a terrible clicking noise at the top and bottom of the stroke (both sides) even when not under much load at all.

I've confirmed it is the pedals (swapped them out for my MG1s and the noise stopped, put them back and it started again).

Now, before I try anything else, I want to be sure I got them fitted the right way round. The regular pedals have an easily identifiable line around either the left or right hand pedal (I forget which one). My Ti axles do seem to have this same feature, but it is VERY feint, to the point where I'm wondering if I should maybe be looking for another identifier instead.

If that IS a line, it's left hand side right? Can't find the box to check now :roll:

Ta

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    left
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    The left hand pedal will have a left hand thread as well
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Short of cutting new threads in both cranks that would mean you couldn't have put your MG1's on the right way round, they can only be fitted the right way round can't they!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.