Drive Aid - commuters this is important.

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,586
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
http://youtu.be/4n3uD5iSQP0

Hapless pro-biofuel campaigners promote 'Drive Aid' on the streets of London. Do you agree with them? We don't. Please sign our petition to make the UK government and EU to stop supporting biofuel production - http://www.actionaid.org.uk/driveaid

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    What makes me angry? Dancing clipboard people getting paid to harass me on the street. And a cycling forum being turned into a soapbox.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    edited April 2012
    What makes me angry?

Pineapple on Pizza

It's a FECKING FRUIT....

Makes my pis.s boil
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • cyclingprop
    Greg T wrote:
    What makes me angry?

Pineapple on Pizza

It's a FECKING FRUIT....

Makes my wee-wee boil

What about tomato? That's a fruit.
  • Greg T

yeah and that..... Fecks me off big time

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad and not dicking on about it being a fruit...

ARGGGHHHH

• cyclingprop
    Greg T wrote:

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad and not dicking on about it being a fruit...

ARGGGHHHH

Grin. You've met me haven't you?. Young and big enough to get away with being unwise just a little longer.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Greg T wrote:

ARGGGHHHH

what about peppers

hiding behind their colourful facard of yellow, green an red they aint fooling no one...they are fruit too

damn tasty fruit too
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Greg T
    Young and big enough to get away with being unwise just a little longer.

Old men get to be old for a reason youngling . . . .

• Greg T
    mudcow007 wrote:

what about peppers

Feck me ragged . . . .

take your technically correct but plainly vegetable classed fruits away and ram them, my gander's getting up with all this low Glyceamic load nonsense.

• cyclingprop
    Greg T wrote:
    Young and big enough to get away with being unwise just a little longer.

Old men get to be old for a reason youngling . . . .

If I get to 60 I've not lived hard enough...
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Greg T wrote:
    What makes me angry?

Pineapple on Pizza

Corn... why taint a lovely pizza with the worlds most indestructible vegetable?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Greg T

Steady now big man we're going to have some pedant tell us corn is in fact a fish . . .

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Greg T wrote:

Steady now big man we're going to have some pedant tell us corn is in fact a fish . . .
    MM's quite small actually
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • MonkeyMonster
    dhope wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

MM's quite small actually

Not how Greg knows me ;)
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Alan A wrote:

Hapless pro-biofuel campaigners promote 'Drive Aid' on the streets of London. Do you agree with them? We don't. Please sign our petition to make the UK government and EU to stop supporting biofuel production - http://www.actionaid.org.uk/driveaid

This is a pretty gross simplification of the situation you're campaigning against. I can understand that you need to do this to get donations, but you'd probably get more traction on here if you promoted your campaign with a bit more nuance.

WRT Pizza - the fruit & veg comes secondary to the meat & cheese imo. It only compliments the main attraction!
  • cyclingprop
    My work heats the building with recycled cooking oil. Should we send it all to Africa to eat?
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Not very nutritious though is it?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    notsoblue wrote:
    Alan A wrote:

This is a pretty gross simplification of the situation you're campaigning against. I can understand that you need to do this to get donations, but you'd probably get more traction on here if you promoted your campaign with a bit more nuance.

WRT Pizza - the fruit & veg comes secondary to the meat & cheese imo. It only compliments the main attraction!

It's true - the peppers are tarts and often praise the other ingredients
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Herbs on pizza = good
    Banana is a herb
    So how about a ganja and banana pizza?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    CP - OOI, where do you happen to work? I think I might be in the same place. Obviously we could never meet...
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,586
    notsoblue wrote:
    Alan A wrote:

Not my campaign, I just thought it was funny and that you'd appreciate the giggle aspects.

"3 meals a day or 3 miles a day" made me laugh out loud.

FWIW fish on a pizza is worse than pineapple.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Alan A wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Alan A wrote:

Not my campaign, I just thought it was funny and that you'd appreciate the giggle aspects.

Err anchovies?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Alan A wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Alan A wrote:

Err anchovies?

right up there with olives in the "offspring of the devil's arsehole" league
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Alan A wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Alan A wrote:

Err anchovies?

YouFailfish.jpg
  • MonkeyMonster
    Err anchovies?

Get thee to a nunnery foul beast!
  • cyclingprop
    coriordan wrote:
    CP - OOI, where do you happen to work? I think I might be in the same place. Obviously we could never meet...

Tooley St, if I'm not in a client office.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Hang on, hang on...

You can actually have a 'vegetable' pizza and not have any veg on it at all....

tomato, pepper, mushroom, courgette
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Anonymous
    coriordan wrote:

Well I guess the clincher question is (if you are in the office at the moment) is did you find all the shoes from the changing rooms had been removed by the cleaning team, and are now in giant cardboard boxes. If so, I guess that would makes us colleagues.
  • cyclingprop
    coriordan wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

Well I guess the clincher question is (if you are in the office at the moment) is did you find all the shoes from the changing rooms had been removed by the cleaning team, and are now in giant cardboard boxes. If so, I guess that would makes us colleagues.

Grin. I'm not in the office (how could I spend so much time on here if I was?). Is your building shaped like a tie fighter?
  • Anonymous
    coriordan wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

Grin. I'm not in the office (how could I spend so much time on here if I was?). Is your building shaped like a tie fighter?
    thats the one
  • Greg T
    Hang on, hang on...

You can actually have a 'vegetable' pizza and not have any veg on it at all....

tomato, pepper, mushroom, courgette

No you CANNOT have a vegetable pizza at all . . . .

If you don't have salami or other God given meat products (chorizo - PRAISE GOD) on your Pizza you are queggish and need to man up and get carnivore.

Anchovies and Olives are taste bombs and manly.

Who said banana is a herb WHO SAID THAT????