Turdsday Morning Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Just off lambing. Fecking knackered from yesterday still. 1 more day until Friday, although I get the feeling I'll be working right through the weekend...

Laters

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning members

nice short day today, taking furniture down the A1 later, am sure the traffic will be light!!

weekend of beer, bikes and barbys! as long as the weather plays the game or it could just be beer, beer and beer!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    fuck knows why i'm up, not even working today.

totally forgot mum's birthday is next week so will be researching a present.

buy few items for the bike. riding tomorrow for first time in ages
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323

Man's found his mojo again, then!

Mornin' lowlifes

Last wroking day of the week, but sadly no Bacons for Clank this morning as it looks like actually having to graft will get in the way. Never mind, there will be other Bacons oppotunities.

Bank holiday will hopefully feature some gentle bike action some place or another, depending on the weather. As I'll SWMBO to entertain, she might not appreciate a tour of the trails of the Midlands in the p*****g rain! :lol:

Ahh, caffiene o'clock, on the dot - one of the better times of day! Have a good day y'all.

Owards! To coffee! Then welding. So, so much welding......
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Bit colder here at the loch, but not enough to stop the normal running/canoeing and walking.

Did an Easter egg hunt with the kids yesterday, 3 miles and 1,000 ft of climbing - they loved it and went out like a light last night

The community centre/bar is open tonight, so it would be rude not to support them by necking a load of ale there
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Heh. There may be no Bacons, but maybe I'll have a salad instead - Crudcatcher style salad

http://chainsawsuit.com/2012/04/05/a-new-salad-experience/

Work safe. ......unless your boss is a complete jerk.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Morning all!
    Last day finally upon us. Came to work in 'dress down' clothes, just realised got a meeting with the Dean of the school in a bit. Oops.
    Today I will be trying to find soemthing to wear tomorrow night, and probably buying oil for my chain, otherwise my bike will probably give up tomorrow in the Peaks. Will also be buying flights to Morzine for July...

The Fit Northerner called last night to say he's coming to Morzine too....errr, scary! We've only had 1 date! :shock:

And on that bombshell
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    Morning all,

I'm off to work in a bit, even though I'm supposed to be off for 2 weeks. What a crock!

Once I'm back I will be cleaning the car ready to put it up for sale and then no doubt I'll be doing more jobs around the house. I swear I work harder when I'm on leave than when I'm in work.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Taking daughter = friend to Meadowhall shopping for the next few hours.

bike fettling and buying new shock for S Works enduro

Might have to take Son into Meadowhall tomorrow otherwise I'll be out in the Peaks exploring new stuff

It's way sunny here! :)
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,505
    Morning Jizz Moppers,

Trying to avoid jobs this morning until it's time to head out to get some supplies. Junior gets dropped off at one of her mates this afternoon so I might try to get a cheeky bike ride in later. Apart from that, sweet FA really!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mystery h
    mystery h Posts: 154
    top of the morning sausage jockeys

have to write 3 risk assessments for work, then off to watch the rugby tonight to see the wire destroy widnes :D

tommorrow i have to attend a training course which will be an all day event, damn, blast, not such a good friday eh?
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning ar$eburgers!

Sang in a concert last night, ended up making £15.50 8) who said the music industry didn't make money....

Today, not much on. Got the day off work, and I'm just planning on chillaxing really. Really nice weather though, so may change my mind in a little while. Busy weekend ahead of me, so nothing too much today.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Sloooow day at work today. This week's been a bit meh all round. So I shall be doing a little programming to keep myself occupied.
    Come lunchtime though, I have soup, with fekkin BACON in it. So, a good end to the week.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Been at work since 5, couldn't be bothered to kick off a morning thread though after a crud nights sleep. Just a Trip to Merthyr to do now and thats me done for the day. Half day tomorrow then off to pembrokeshire for the weekend, tidy.

Now having a lovely coffee and teacake.at my new coffee house of choice (coffee #1) them off to find our why aslef are charging me twice to be in their gang.

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • mystery h
    Gazlar wrote:
    ... them off to find our why aslef are charging me twice to be in their gang.

i have a rmt application form for you, brother :D
  • Gazlar
    mystery h wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

I'm out and about with an rmt rep this week who is trying to convert me, was rmt as a guard, but jeez can I not stand Bob Crow, plus I joined aslef because all the cool kids at my old depot did ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • mystery h
    Gazlar wrote:
    mystery h wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

I'm out and about with an rmt rep this week who is trying to convert me, was rmt as a guard, but jeez can I not stand Bob Crow, plus I joined aslef because all the cool kids at my old depot did ;)

bob crow certainly is a character! but aslef have lost touch with their members over the last decade

we have about 76 drivers, with 6 of us being in the rmt, the rest aslef and those are the ones who are most vocal about their union yet they pay double subs

maybe, just maybe, its cool to be uncool :wink:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

new car was delivered yesterday, but its the wrong one...muppets!!!

ah well, i'm currently doing nothing after quite a busy morning apart from the fact i sat in my car at 8am after doing my first job of the day and woke up at 8.45 :lol: didn't even realise i was tired :shock:

only 2.5 hours left in work and then a 30km bike ride planned to cwmcarn and back,

have a good weekend

PS FoxC i'm coming to morzine aswell didn't you get my message? :wink:
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Clank wrote:

Man's found his mojo again, then!

not quite, just a test ride, off to bitton with a friend, no muddy trails on this occasion. think the bike's gonna need a serious service before that but not in my finance for this quarter.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    not quite, just a test ride, off to bitton with a friend, no muddy trails on this occasion. think the bike's gonna need a serious service before that but not in my finance for this quarter.
    I hear you, bro. I'm in the same predicament myself, really.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594

Just sorted mine, new bearings seals, tyres and so on, still need to look and the chain line. really hurting the wallet. but have to plan for the cam belt jobby on the car too OUCH.

Otherwise looking forward to some rides this weekend even though it looks damn cold.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690

Just sorted mine, new bearings seals, tyres and so on, still need to look and the chain line. really hurting the wallet. but have to plan for the cam belt jobby on the car too OUCH.

Otherwise looking forward to some rides this weekend even though it looks damn cold.

I hear you there, i've just spent a load on a new BB and bearings on the rear end, new shifters as i broke my old ones and now i've snapped off my rear mech - rear mech is totalled, new hanger needed - about another £100 i don't have!!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Early finish!! WIN!

Don't know what to do now, normally I get back, eat and then just sleep... might play on the playstation, should probably do some uni work but really not in the mood.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    magners o clock here oh yeah!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    vodka o'clock here. And I don't half need it after the afternoon I've had.

Laters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Gazlar
    Just been to red hot world buffet, 4 plates of pudding for Gazlar. Now it's bed
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp