Recommend me some bibs

DesB3rd
DesB3rd Posts: 285
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Of the shorts variety. Max £50
Might stretch to £60 if someone's persuasive enough.

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    For your price range these will be hard to beat, price drop atm too...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-pro-cycling-bib-short/
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Simon
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Also look at Mavic bibs - I have a pair of bib shorts, 3/4s and bib longs and I really rate them (both for the fit and the 3d ergo pad). Expensive at RRP but often found on a good on a good online deal. 8)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    RonB wrote:
    For your price range these will be hard to beat, price drop atm too...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-pro-cycling-bib-short/

I've got the DHB one's next down from these, and they are excellent value for money with a great pad to :D
  • extrusion
    extrusion Posts: 247
    These?: http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/castelli ... 65034.html

Just got mine today but price has now goe up by a fiver. Not had a chance to wear yet other than trying on, i went for Xl 5'11 and 34 waist and seems the right size.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    The full length bib version of these is superb:

http://www.trideals.co.uk/2xu-mens-comp ... short.html

A bargain for £52.00.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I've been on the hunt for bib shorts for the last couple of weeks, was going to go with the dhbs but with a few centuries signed up for, I thought I'd splash out a bit more and got a pair of Endura FS260-Pro bibs.

Checked out a lot of user reviews on Wiggle and CRC and they're very well liked - been out with them for a couple of 50 mile runs and they're absolutely great. The pad's good, they don't sag or gather, the leg grips work well - can't fault them.

List price is £65 but they can be had for about £60. Some are £50 on ebay. But with Easter coming, I would think the large web-shops will be having some sales this weekend. So whatever you get, it'll be worth waiting a couple of days to see what deals turn up.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    g00se wrote:
    I've been on the hunt for bib shorts for the last couple of weeks, was going to go with the dhbs but with a few centuries signed up for, I thought I'd splash out a bit more and got a pair of Endura FS260-Pro bibs.

Checked out a lot of user reviews on Wiggle and CRC and they're very well liked - been out with them for a couple of 50 mile runs and they're absolutely great. The pad's good, they don't sag or gather, the leg grips work well - can't fault them.

List price is £65 but they can be had for about £60. Some are £50 on ebay. But with Easter coming, I would think the large web-shops will be having some sales this weekend. So whatever you get, it'll be worth waiting a couple of days to see what deals turn up.

I bought a pair of the FS260 Pros a few weeks ago, they're very nice.. looks like they are built to last too.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    +1 for DHB Aeron race and Endura 260.
    I purchased a set of DHB bibs a couple of years ago.... worst shorts ever, they came apart at the seams and wore through within mths, but i took the gamble and purchased some DHB Aeron race when they came out last yr(?), they're still going strong, a good buy for the price. I'd watch the sizing but there are enough reviews on wiggle to give you a good idea of size.
    Can't fault Endura 260 at all
  • xpc316e
    xpc316e Posts: 43
    If you are anywhere near a Decathlon store, I'd recommend a visit: they have a range of bibshorts which represent very good value for money. I believe the most expensive compression bibs are only £49.95. I bought a pair for under £30 last week and they are extremely comfy and well finished.
    Riding a Dahon Jetstream P9 folder, a Decathlon Fitness 3 flat-barred road bike, a Claud Butler Cape Wrath MTB, a TW 'Bents recumbent trike, a Moulton-based tandem, and a Scott CR1 Comp road bike.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Nalini goodness from Planet X. I've found these to be very comfy, better than the Giordano shorts that I have previously used.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    With the DHB aeron pro's @ £60 currently you'd be mad not to...
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    Cheers gents,

DHB Pro's it is!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    How do the DHB Pro's compare with something like Castelli?
  • bus_ter
    bus_ter Posts: 337
    nferrar wrote:
    With the DHB aeron pro's @ £60 currently you'd be mad not to...
    Make that £53 with the Easter EXTRA10 code. Bargain!
  • bus_ter
    bus_ter Posts: 337
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    How do the DHB Pro's compare with something like Castelli?

The Castelli Free Aero Bib shorts are probably the best you can buy (next to Assos), but they cost more than twice as much!
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I bought DHB Pros on the strength of good review in Cycling Plus but found the insert isn't thick enough for long hot days in the saddle on European touring trips.

I much prefer my Boardman bibshorts which cost me £50 from Halfords. Like them so much I've got two pairs. Not far behind Assos in comfort and they appear reasonably well made. Certainly good for the price.
  • shane r
    shane r Posts: 326
    Shutt Velo Rapide do a superb standard bib well within your budget. Hand made in the UK.
    Coupla Road Bikes
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Hi all,

I am looking for 3/4 bib shorts - my budget is £40. Anyone got any ideas? I have seen these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-pace-padded-34-bib-tight/ any thoughts?

Thanks
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • TheFD wrote:
    Hi all,

I am looking for 3/4 bib shorts - my budget is £40. Anyone got any ideas? I have seen these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-pace-padded-34-bib-tight/ any thoughts?

Thanks

I bought the roubaix version of these back in Feb and can't fault 'em at all.
    Snug and comfortable fit, with no 'slippage' of the ankle grip.
    For the money, I think they're a steal.
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • deswahriff
    deswahriff Posts: 310
    ..another vote For Endura FS260's...been using 2 pairs (alternately!) over the last 18 months...very comfy pads, still in great conditon after weekly washing, legs grips very good - though try on a few pairs, one pair I have is slightly tighter than the other...
    ..my stand-by ones are a 2 year old pair of Scott Heliums which i wore last night for a little 20 miler...reminded me they were not in the same league- thinner pad, thinner fabric, too skinny straps...
  • Lusso Pro gel bibs from Merlin cycles bought some this week £37 and delivered next day 8)
  • deswahriff
    deswahriff Posts: 310
    Lusso Pro gel bibs from Merlin cycles bought some this week £37 and delivered next day 8)

..that looks tempting, I need a third pair for an upcoming trip...any view on how the sizings come up.?.(I'm medium in the Enduras)