Simple question (raise handlebars)

Matt631
Matt631 Posts: 24
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Hey everyone,

I've got a real noob question and I know it could be solved by calling the bike shop, I'm just trying to save myself the shame. I'm in the process of buying a cube ltd race 2012. And It just occurred to me as well as raising the seat can I raise the handlebars?

Thanks
Matt

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Only if there are spacers above the stem that you can then put under it.

Or buy new higher rise bars or stem.

Talk to the bike shop about getting it done before you collect.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    only a small amount by putting more spacers underneath the stem, if there is enough fork steerer for this to happen
  • All the cube bikes I've seen at my LBS have them stem right at the top of the fork steerer so Im guessing it'll be the same with your LBS which means no way you can raise the stem unless you new parts.. As said above, I'd talk to them first as they can swap out parts for you and you might not have to pay for it or at least not the full price as they get to keep your stem or handlebars.
    Padyak rider
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What's the desire to raise the seat and bars anyway, frame too small? !!
  • Matt631
    No reason.. It was just something that I thought about on the fly.
  • Jamieg285
    Jamieg285 Posts: 98
    On my Cube, all the spacers are on the bottom, but the stem is reversible (currently in it's low position), so could be flipped to raise it slightly.
  • Matt631
    Thanks for the info :-)