Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc Vs B'Twin Rockrider 8.1

2»

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    juice370 wrote:
    Asked in Decathlon about the 2012 Rockrider 8.1. Apparently its due July 2012 and the colour is black/dark grey/blue from the image I saw. I didn't see much as he was hesitant to show me, but it looked nice from what I saw!
    hesitant? downgraded spec perhaps ?
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • juice370
    juice370 Posts: 12
    Probably because they want to shift their 2011 models first.
  • Bought a RR 8.1 last Tuesday as a first MTB and I had to ban myself from riding it on Friday because I was so saddlesore. Fantastic rides up and down in the Chilterns. I was put off the looks too at first; it probably comes from seeing those gaudy wheels on several bikes at once in the shop. Wimped out and changed the clip-on pedals for straps until I get used to the bike.

It's a steal at £500: the price in Euroland is nigh-on €700, which translates to about £570, and even then it's a bargain. Guess they've kept the price down in the UK to fit under the £500 band for the Ride To Work scheme, 'cos the 'man in the shop told me they sell a lot under the scheme. A lot of people must ride to work along muddy tracks. The fitter changes the brakes round from the French system of left=front, right=rear.

Noted that the bike, just delivered to the store in a large batch, was a 2010 model, but it had good wet-weather tyres, better than the Michelins which let down its bikeradar test. Hadn't realised what a pain this hosepipe ban is for bike-cleaning.
  • marcruse
    marcruse Posts: 64
    I've decided cleaning my bike is exempt from the hosepipe ban on the grounds of health and safety. If I have to stand out in the rain washing the crud off with a bucket and brush, I shall get a cold!