CyclingManifesto blog

DRCorsa
DRCorsa Posts: 23
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hello to everybody. This is my new cycling blog:

http://cyclingmanifesto.blogspot.com/

I have entered a new post. I hope you like the blog. Please leave comments and don't forget to tweet it! Thanks a lot! :D

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Oh great. Another blog.

Fair enough, cap doffed to the fact that the authors of these things are so into it and enthused about their topic. Good for you. However, these things do tend to be, at best, a little self indulgent and at worst, appallingly written, mind bogglingly embarrassing drivel.

I'm not going to tell you where I think this one slots in on the spectrum .

Other favourites have been the blog produced by the two sixth form kids (which was reasonable) and One Man and his Bike's blog/website of the same name which was/is consistently hilarious though I fear it's not meant to be.

I suppose I don't have to read them.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    edited April 2012
    jim453 wrote:
    Oh great. Another blog.

Fair enough, cap doffed to the fact that the authors of these things are so into it and enthused about their topic. Good for you. However, these things do tend to be, at best, a little self indulgent and at worst, appallingly written, mind bogglingly embarrassing drivel.

Other favourites have been the blog produced by the two sixth form kids (which was reasonable) and One Man and his Bike's blog/website of the same name which was/is consistently hilarious though I fear it's not meant to be.

I get you, I have a cycling news style blog, just my take on the pro's, i do not claim to be an expert or to have great writing skills, I write because i enjoy it, and frankly i don't have any mates who are into cycling so i don't really get to talk about it or discuss my opinions etc away from the forum. However I havn't openly plugged my blog to death on here because if people want to read it they will see the link in my sig and choose to read it, also i think i could probably get away with shamelessly plugging my blog because I have spent alot of time on these forums, involving myself in conversations and contributing regularly - I wouldn't come on here with a very low post count and a recent join date, having probably not paid attention to the forum or the forumites or contributed anything of worth and then shamelessly plug my blog purely to try and create an audience. I find getting to know people and their opinions and engaging with them tends to create more long term interest in a blog.

(just realised i have subconciously plugged my blog, sorry about that.)
  • jim453
    I appear to have missed yours.

I'm off to make a cup of tea then I'm going to give it my undivided attention.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    jim453 wrote:
    I appear to have missed the opportunity to rip the p!ss out of yours.

I'm off to get some lager and popcorn and then I'm going to. I have a big bag of vitriol with your name on it!

Fixed that for ya
  • jim453
    GiantMike wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

I'm off to get some lager and popcorn and then I'm going to. I have a big bag of vitriol with your name on it!

Fixed that for ya

On the contrary, it's rather an absorbing read. I'm enjoying it.
  • LeicesterLad
    jim453 wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Fixed that for ya

I detect sarcasm. If its any consolation, I think it's sh*t too. :lol:
  • GiantMike
    Where do you get your information from? I never knew Contador was a 'donkey fiddler'. Amazing.
  • jim453
    jim453 wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Fixed that for ya

I detect sarcasm. If its any consolation, I think it's sh*t too. :lol:

No really, I like it. Not that you should care what I think.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Cheer up Jim.

The guy's new to the forum and wants to share the cycling love.

We all do - that's why we're here :).
  • DRCorsa
    DRCorsa Posts: 23
    I am sorry if some people felt bad about my thread or blog.
    I promise i am not going to earn bilions of dollars from this blog, not even one cent.
    Just interesting to share my love for cycling, as Rick told.
    Thanks for your time! :D
  • jim453
    DRCorsa wrote:
    I am sorry if some people felt bad about my thread or blog.
    I promise i am not going to earn bilions of dollars from this blog, not even one cent.
    Just interesting to share my love for cycling, as Rick told.
    Thanks for your time! :D

Keep doing what you enjoy mate. Rick's right. We're all in this together.
  • LeicesterLad
    Yeah, they are right, keep it going, i'm just bitter because i'm a washed up, never-has-been writer. :(
  • jim453
    Yeah, they are right, keep it going, i'm just bitter because i'm a washed up, never-has-been writer. :(

I'm not quite sure why I'm so bitter. But I am.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    DRCorsa wrote:

I have entered a new post. I hope you like the blog. Please leave comments and don't forget to tweet it! Thanks a lot! :D

Just got a little suggestion; perhaps change the font.. as well as the colour/style of the title and header as its pretty difficult to read at the moment.

I'm sure a lot of people are like me, and tend to skim quite quickly through blogs, looking for the interesting bits and the pictures... and using your current font makes it marginally harder to read. (and its pretty impossible to decipher what it says under the title?!)
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    jim453 wrote:
    Oh great. Another blog.

I get you, I have a cycling news style blog, just my take on the pro's, i do not claim to be an expert or to have great writing skills, I write because i enjoy it, and frankly i don't have any mates who are into cycling so i don't really get to talk about it or discuss my opinions etc away from the forum. However I havn't openly plugged my blog to death on here because if people want to read it they will see the link in my sig and choose to read it, also i think i could probably get away with shamelessly plugging my blog because I have spent alot of time on these forums, involving myself in conversations and contributing regularly - I wouldn't come on here with a very low post count and a recent join date, having probably not paid attention to the forum or the forumites or contributed anything of worth and then shamelessly plug my blog purely to try and create an audience. I find getting to know people and their opinions and engaging with them tends to create more long term interest in a blog.

Yours is a pretty decent blog, actually.
  • LeicesterLad
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    jim453 wrote:
    Oh great. Another blog.

Yours is a pretty decent blog, actually.

Thanks for the compliment! :D

Ill pay you later :wink:
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    +1 from me too.

Been quietly reading it over the last couple of months.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • LeicesterLad
    alanp23 wrote:
    +1 from me too.

Been quietly reading it over the last couple of months.

Cheers fella! That means alot! :D
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    DRCorsa wrote:

Just a gentle criticism, the background pic is far too busy and overwhelms the text on your welcome page, its as near as dammit unreadable on a smartphone.

And with respect, I barely tweet about my own (infrequent) blog, I'm not pushing other people's for them.
  • LeicesterLad
    DRCorsa wrote:

Just a gentle criticism, the background pic is far too busy and overwhelms the text on your welcome page, its as near as dammit unreadable on a smartphone.

And with respect, I barely tweet about my own (infrequent) blog, I'm not pushing other people's for them.

tweeting's different, I plug mine to death on twitter because that's what twitter is for really, its a good marketing tool. (well for some anyway, I don't have enough followers for it to make a difference.)
  • GiantMike
    tweeting's different, I plug mine to death on twitter because that's what twitter is for really, its a good marketing tool. (well for some anyway, I don't have enough followers for it to make a difference.)

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.