The Lotto team bus at the start:

ApoBjmsCMAAcfEy.jpg

The Quick-Step team bus at the start:

ApoP11kCAAABBoZ.jpg

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    And that is about as exciting as this race gets
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    :lol:

You get the odd crash.

I remember when Boonen changed a pair of shoes on the fly in the final 50km.

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I know he's said he's going to take a back seat today but I wonder if Boonen was tempted to go for the win to try and do what Gilbert did last year in the Ardennes and win 5 cobbled races on the bounce.

I think today must be time for Greipel to win another s**t small race.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    I know he's said he's going to take a back seat today but I wonder if Boonen was tempted to go for the win to try and do what Gilbert did last year in the Ardennes and win 5 cobbled races on the bounce.

For the last few years Boonen led it out for Weylandt (well, before he went to Leopard).

Expect him to lead it out for Chicci or whatever his name is.
  • inkyfingers

For the last few years Boonen led it out for Weylandt (well, before he went to Leopard).

Expect him to lead it out for Chicci or whatever his name is.

It's Kee Kee (well, according to Phil and Paul at least).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Is it on Eurosport?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tom BB wrote:
    Is it on Eurosport?

No. Just track stuff for them today.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    The break:

Vandousselaere, Wu Chin San, Boucher, Claeys, Hulsmans, Van Melsen, Lambert-Lemay.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Cycling World Track Championships and a flat sprinters semi classic race... must be an uncomfortable day for Iain :P
  • inkyfingers
    rebs wrote:
    Cycling World Track Championships and a flat sprinters semi classic race... must be an uncomfortable day for Iain :P

At least there's an uphill finish at Pais Vasco for him to focus on!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Break gets over 5 minutes thanks to a closed level crossing in front of the peleton
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:
    Break gets over 5 minutes thanks to a closed level crossing in front of the peloton

Sporza commentary getting excited about the fact they're cycling through cyclo-cross country.

The chap on the motorbike spotted a couple of pro cyclo-crossers on their way back home in the car - having to wait for the race to pass....
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
  • rick_chasey
    Boonen's on the front with 50km to go, bringing the break back.
  • rick_chasey
    Gap went down by a minute in about 5km :lol:
  • LangerDan
    Raining on finishing circuit - big crash with 7km to go leaving a group of 40-50 ahead. Sky driving it.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Kittel
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Crashy crashy
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Ironic playing of Culture Club's "Do you really want to hurt me?" at the finishing line area.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    Damn, that win gives me some PTP points.

My drive for last place in the PTP is going to be in shambles now.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Where was Greipel? He is the king of these little races. Maybe this race was too good for him.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,191
    That must have been a quick final 7km - the result was posted 3 minutes after someone said 7km to go! Typical as I really couldn't decide between Greipel and Kittel for PTP.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Pross wrote:
    That must have been a quick final 7km - the result was posted 3 minutes after someone said 7km to go! Typical as I really couldn't decide between Greipel and Kittel for PTP.

I struggled with the Kittel / Greipel thing, i went for Greipel, obviously. Whats the point in having Legs like that and still not being able to win sh*tty little races.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    *wrong race
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • LangerDan
    Pross wrote:

I said there was a crash with 7km to go - I never said there was only 7km to go when I posted it :wink:

Mind you, the speed (or lack thereof) of the live ticker updates was fairly poor today. Race was finished while Sporza were still 1km to go.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I was bit surprised about the number of people going for Greipel in PTP for this race, seeing as he hasn't had a win (only two top 5 places) since Oman and has been well beaten not only by all the other pure sprinters but also by riders like EBH since then. He's a rider well out of form.
  • rick_chasey
    Indeed. Kittel looked good in the driedaagse.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    johnfinch wrote:
    I was bit surprised about the number of people going for Greipel in PTP for this race, seeing as he hasn't had a win (only two top 5 places) since Oman and has been well beaten not only by all the other pure sprinters but also by riders like EBH since then. He's a rider well out of form.

Look, it was 11 59 and I thought it was Tuesday OK!!!

Luckily (pure Luckily) Going with the flow worked rather well in spain today...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    johnfinch wrote:

I think you're grossly overestimating the amount of thought that goes into the average PTP pick.
    Twitter: @RichN95