Anyone SUP?

pilch
pilch Posts: 1,136
edited April 2012 in The hub
Not the drinking kind (although I am keen on that myself) talking Standup Paddleboarding?

I don't do running or swimming - unless I fall in the water... this is another kind of duathalon...

I have a dream.... one day in the Summer, a Fun event involving Mountainbikes & paddleboards, it would be in my local area (northants), mainly as it will be logistically easier for me to organise and we have a good location to run it from.

I guess it will be some kind of 'enduro' involving both... say an hour up the river, then an hour on the bike, round local bridleways & quiet lanes - or combinations of the 2, may even be able to supply a few boards if you just want to have a go...

Not really investigated the details yet, but If there is any kind of interest i'll look into it a bit further....
A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Wanking with paddles? Ghey!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I tried it once but was rubbish at it. Spent more time in the water than on it.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • pilch
    I like Wanking with paddles cos i'm Ghey!

FTFY :wink:

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I can use one, but to surf on. Can't see the point of using it just to go up river. You'd be better off with one of these -

scaled.php?server=705&filename=p1010718a.jpg&res=medium

p1010775l.jpg

More fun and versatile on a river inland.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • pilch
    Maybe, but that's basically a canoe right? You can sit in that all day & paddle about, not really the same thing.

I surf on a paddleboard too, once you get out back, you wait for the best wave, paddle fast for a short while then surf it in - more fun admittedly but not a constant workout...

The river thing is more of an endurance angle, as you are standing up on a SUP, you need more balance it's more of a full body work out, try paddling up a river on one as fast as you can for any length of time you will see what I mean.

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    pilch wrote:
    Maybe, but that's basically a canoe right? You can sit in that all day & paddle about, not really the same thing.

I surf on a paddleboard too, once you get out back, you wait for the best wave, paddle fast for a short while then surf it in - more fun admittedly but not a constant workout...

The river thing is more of an endurance angle, as you are standing up on a SUP, you need more balance it's more of a full body work out, try paddling up a river on one as fast as you can for any length of time you will see what I mean.

Well, if it's the workout angle you're looking for you'd be better off swimming up the river. :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • pilch
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Well, if it's the workout angle you're looking for you'd be better off swimming up the river. :wink:
    pilch wrote:
    I don't do running or swimming - unless I fall in the water... this is another kind of duathalon...
    :wink:

29er race

29er bouncer