Mid-week fun - Mail trolling

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
So some of you may have seen this article where a female mail columnist discusses all the downsides of looking pretty - from experience.

You can guess the response.

Now she's got a 2nd article - generating more traffic presumably, claiming that the 'vitriolic' response she got to the article proves her point.

Anyway, I think it's worth a giggle or two....

Comments

• mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Textbook social trolling from the DM there. That's why they're the most read newspaper site in the world
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    This has to be a late April fools.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Anyone who visits the mail, you just (virtually) bought a DM paper. Would you walk into a shop and buy one?

No difference.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    She made the Daily Mail around £30k yesterday at rate card (1.5m page views x £20 CPM) probably going to make them a similar amount today.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • rick_chasey
    dodgy wrote:
    Anyone who visits the mail, you just (virtually) bought a DM paper. Would you walk into a shop and buy one?

No difference.

Yes there is.

I'm not paying for it. Advertisers are.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    wrong thread

doh!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    This is so meta.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i wouldn't mind if she was good looking but she sir, is a swamp donkey
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,357
    mudcow007 wrote:

Not sure I'd go that far, but certainly unremarkable for all the fuss.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    rjsterry wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

Not sure I'd go that far, but certainly unremarkable for all the fuss.

one of the blond unibody women on tv.

I'd be sup prised if her looks alone where making men dive at a feet, so yes trolling.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    dodgy wrote:

No difference.

Yes there is.

Yeah, obviously. But you're missing my point I think. The fact is the Mail continues to get paid to write this bile, possibly one of the most anti-cycling papers/sites, too.

So, visit the site, you're lining their pockets. That's why I said no difference.
  • rick_chasey
    dodgy wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

No difference.

Yes there is.

Yeah, obviously. But you're missing my point I think. The fact is the Mail continues to get paid to write this bile, possibly one of the most anti-cycling papers/sites, too.

So, visit the site, you're lining their pockets. That's why I said no difference.

*shrugs*
    I think it's an awful paper, but I'm not that fussed about them making cash out of stuff I read.

S'not like it's a lot.

I mean, £30k for all that traffic?

A hit can't be worth more than a tenth of a penny.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Mattsaw wrote:
    Textbook social trolling from the DM there. That's why they're the most read newspaper site in the world

Innit. Great for their advertising revenue, I'm sure.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    she is properly munting
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I refuse to click DM links so I've not read it, nor have I read this response but glancing at the pictures, suspect its a rather good piss take.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/Daily-Ma ... icetwitter
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    she is properly munting
    Yeah, but I bet she can riverdance.
  • Maxticate
    Maxticate Posts: 193
    http://dailyveil.co.uk/

use this link to read DM links without giving them the hits. No pictures though.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I think this article shows several things;

1, The Daily Mail really is that sh*t

2, Samantha is not attractive under any light condition - even under bad disco lighting, she would be an 'No' for me.

3, Samantha is deluded

4, Samantha may have only written the article at this time of year to manipulate the April fools gag, i.e. if it backfires claim 'April fool', but bring her allot of media attention and more readership as a consequence.

5, Attractiveness is also about personality, as I read the article and see the pictures, I believe that her personality sucks ar$e.

As Mudcow kindly points out: she is a full on swamp donkey.....and I wouldn't with yours.
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Am I missing something? Who is this woman anyway? Havent read the article and dont intend to, but have heard it being discussed in the office.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • rick_chasey
    article-2124782-1274D932000005DC-584_634x881.jpg

Wrote an article about how tough it is being pretty. Believe the chap in khaki and the gun is her husband.

Can't believe people can take an article seriously with that picture.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    article-2124782-1274D932000005DC-584_634x881.jpg

Wrote an article about how tough it is being pretty. Believe the chap in khaki and the gun is her husband.

Can't believe people can take an article seriously with that picture.

Rick, you are right, Purple really is not her colour.....
  • Gotta sympathise with GlamSam - I too understand how difficult it can be to be gorgous :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    If she wants people to be commenting on her looks please do allow me.

Her arse and stomach are too big and her smile looks wrong. Mind you what do I know?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • article-2124782-1274D932000005DC-584_634x881.jpg
    symo wrote:
    Her ars* and stomach are too big and her smile looks wrong. Mind you what do I know?

Jimmy Carr made reference to her gunt last night on 10 O'Clock Live.
    Don't think you have to be a Master of Letters to work it out....
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    "Grats, love! When's it due?"

Poor PR shot for an Am-Dram modern production of "Lady Chatterly's Lover"?
  • rick_chasey
    There's waaay to much focus on her in that picture, and nowhere near enough on the chap.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    There's waaay to much focus on her in that picture, and nowhere near enough on the chap.
    Little interest in a short, DPM-clad, .22-toting runner-up in the Lemmy Lookalike competition from me, for one. Better start a "Guys in Uniform" thread for pursuing homoerotic themes, Rick...
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Simples.
    Put a pic up on here with a female and a chap.
    Most men's focus would be on the female, with the question - What chap? :wink:

Dodgy moustache by the way.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rick_chasey
    DrLex wrote:
    Little interest in a short, DPM-clad, .22-toting runner-up in the Lemmy Lookalike competition from me, for one. Better start a "Guys in Uniform" thread for pursuing homoerotic themes, Rick...

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12817042&p=17338588&hilit=bangable#p17335120
  • rick_chasey
    Why on earth in an article about a women who says she's good looking and gets hassle as a result, have they decided to put her husband in combat gear, holding a gun? That's a WTF moment if there ever was.