Will this sadness ever end 2

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins

The Northern Irishman's flamboyant style earned him legions of fans, but even in his heyday his excessive drinking meant he only won two World Championships.

Widely acknowledged as being the most naturally-talented player of his generation, he earned millions, but drank it all away. By 2009 he was living in a caravan, and the year after needed friends to raise money for teeth implants to help him put on weight and avoid death. His weight had dropped below 7 stone.

Deep sadness the money was raised but Higgins was never well enough to have the implants, and he died in July 2010.

Often forgotten was Higgins keen interest in cycling! a sad loss.

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Headline

"Man dies nearly two years ago"
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • RideOnTime
    I forgot to mention he is on Channel 4 10th May 8.00pm.
    His life story including footage of his cycling days.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I forgot to mention he is on Channel 4 10th May 8.00pm. 2012
    His life story including footage of his cycling days.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    This is bizarre.

Have you been taking drugs?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Ooh, can I join in?

Dave 'the whippet' Cunningham

Died on 12 Mar 12 in traumatic circumstances after trying to finger a cow while on holiday in Greece. Considered the 'least awkward' of 7 children his parents were very proud of his success as a 'Knitting Radar' forum moderator.

He once rode a bike, but the saddle made his bum a bit sore for a day or so.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    RIP Dave. My totally sincere condolences and thoughts go out to all his family and friends, especially the cow.
  • RideOnTime
    GiantMike wrote:
    Ooh, can I join in?

Died on 12 Mar 12 in traumatic circumstances after trying to finger a cow while on holiday in Greece. Considered the 'least awkward' of 7 children his parents were very proud of his success as a 'Knitting Radar' forum moderator.

I don't believe this. He never was seen on a bike.
  • GiantMike wrote:
    Ooh, can I join in?

Bet the cows bum wasn't feeling too smart either.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    RideOnTime wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Ooh, can I join in?

He's definitely been on a bike but the story falls down re the cow. They can't afford cows in Greece.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • GiantMike
    Aggieboy wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Ooh, can I join in?

He's definitely been on a bike but the story falls down re the cow. They can't afford cows in Greece.

The cow was also on holiday. It's a very popular bovine destination. As in the Blur lyric '..following the herd down to Greece, on holiday'...' from the track 'Boys and Girls'.
  • Aggieboy
    GiantMike wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Ooh, can I join in?

The cow was also on holiday. It's a very popular bovine destination. As in the Blur lyric '..following the herd down to Greece, on holiday'...' from the track 'Boys and Girls'.

Not as popular as Jersey in the bovine world, I'll think you'll find.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Richard_D
    Richard_D Posts: 320
    but maybe the cow failed the jumping competition for entry
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    That's a common tale about the death of Dave "The Whippet" Cuningham, but not strictly true. Grease was what he dipped his finger in to smear on his tadger before giving the cow a seeing to, not where the incident happened. That was in fact in Hereford, the number one holiday destination for cows who like to swing. Dave was always one to go to the limits in pursuit of his pleasures, and it was letting the cow go on top that led to the unfortunate incident which resulted in his sad demise.

Also, Dave was not a cyclist. The Colnago in the field belonged to the cow.
  • GiantMike
    Cow World wrote:
    This year's Cow Survey results are in and Greece continues to remain the favourite bovine holiday destination, however visitors are advised to be aware of human sex tourists looking for a bit of 'finger action'. Jersey slipped to 3rd place (from 2nd last year) overtaken by Ireland due mainly to the large increase in stag weekends looking for fat Irish cows.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Aggieboy wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Ooh, can I join in?

I thought they went to the Isle of Wight for a week's sailing :wink:
  • Aggieboy
    random man wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Ooh, can I join in?

Isles of Cowes, surely?
  • GiantMike
    random man wrote:

Have some respect. This is a serious thread for people struggling to come to terms with their loss. I suggest you take your mirth to an udder thread.
  • RideOnTime
    Smokin Joe wrote:

I don't believe this can be true. The MMB once co sponsored a Colnago team. There was a bitter dispute. I can't imagine a cow being seen dead on one now.
  • Aggieboy
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Smokin Joe wrote:

I don't believe this can be true. The MMB once co sponsored a Colnago team. There was a bitter dispute. I can't imagine a cow being seen dead on one now.

But if it were, I'm sure you'd start a thread about it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Aggieboy wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Smokin Joe wrote:

But if it were, I'm sure you'd start a thread about it.

Can we stop milking this subject now........ :P
  • Dog Breath
    Dog Breath Posts: 314
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins

The Northern Irishman's flamboyant style earned him legions of fans, but even in his heyday his excessive drinking meant he only won two World Championships.

Widely acknowledged as being the most naturally-talented player of his generation, he earned millions, but drank it all away. By 2009 he was living in a caravan, and the year after needed friends to raise money for teeth implants to help him put on weight and avoid death. His weight had dropped below 7 stone.

Deep sadness the money was raised but Higgins was never well enough to have the implants, and he died in July 2010.

Often forgotten was Higgins keen interest in cycling! a sad loss.

To get slightly back on topic. Man is very talented at snooker. Has the good fortune to make lots of money with talent. Man decides to p1ss it all up against a wall and drink himself to death in the process. ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY FOR HIM WHATSOEVER !!

Like Geoge Best. Great footballer, but what a WASTER !!

DB
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • GiantMike
    A bit like Aggie. He's got a Doctorate in Nuclear Physics and he spends most of his time searching for pics of chicks on the internet. The rest of his time he just wastes.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    jim453 wrote:
    This is bizarre.

Have you been taking drugs?

Maybe Pot? Black possibly. :oops: