Snow,snow,snow

nevman
nevman Posts: 1,611
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Its honking down here in Derbyshire-just watching pics from Heathrow of peeps wandering around in T shirts,hmm,which would I prefer....take care today commuters.
Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
Winter Alan Top Cross
All rounder Spec. Allez.

Comments

• Dunk_911
    Dunk_911 Posts: 239
    I live near Ashbourne but I work in Derby. No chance I'm risking going in till it stops falling though. But the thing is, it's still falling in big and heavy flakes - Only hope it clears for my long weekend of riding which I have planned :evil:
  • CYCLESPORT1
    CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
    Just sheet here in Cheshire, I would be like this when I have a week off work :cry:
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Absolutely tonking it down here in Wakey, west yorkshire! (snow not rain!)
  • Dunk_911
    Dunk_911 Posts: 239
    Well a massive branch fell off a tree due to the weight of the snow and now I need a new boot door for my car. FFS. :(
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    not even a sniff of the white stuff here in Liverpool

cold an bleeding windy though
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Newbury's clear, and it looks like I'm heading in the right direction over Easter, the South Downs appear to have nice weather :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Bit on the hills down here in South Wales. Rode into work - cold, windy and grey but dry and hopefully there won't be anything through the day (doubt it as I'm at sea level).
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    MattC59 wrote:
    Newbury's clear, and it looks like I'm heading in the right direction over Easter, the South Downs appear to have nice weather :D

Not far from Eastbourne :wink:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Heavy snow coming down in North Wales. It's not sticking on lower ground bit higher up it's all going white.

To think last week I was sat in the garden, shorts and t-shirt sipping some wine and having a BBQ.

Today is a turbo day me thinks
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Oh well, not so clever this morning. I'd already removed the studded tyres from the MTB and it looked slushy anyway so I took the Dawes tourer to work. And, being stupidly casual I a) stuck with normal shoes, warm socks and PX overshoes rather than the Northwave Celcsius boots, BBB Ultraflex overshoes and sealskins socks that I'd normally go for in this sort of weather and b) didn't take any spare kit with me.

First bit - the climb - was OK apart from cars spraying my legs with slush as they drove through the gaps between the snow ruts. Then it went a bit downhill in route and pleasantness as my speed increased only to find my eyes getting blinded by slushy snowflakes.

Then the roads became gridlocked and I had to walk through most of Pudsey (couldn't pass the gridlock due to the compacted snow in between the ruts) - not because of the snow itself but because a traffic light had packed in. When I got to it I found someone in a Peugeot 106 patiently waiting at the red light which clearly was never going to change! After that, it was a clear run in but my feet were very, very cold and wet. Still, lower down there wasn't the snow so at least I could cover the miles.

All in all, took an extra 12 minutes or so to get in.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    nevman wrote:
    Its honking down here in Derbyshire-just watching pics from Heathrow of peeps wandering around in T shirts,hmm,which would I prefer....take care today commuters.
    Yup coupleof inches on the backroads near the bretby crematorium heading towards Repton.

wheres seaview/ cant say ive heard of it.
    FCN 3/5/9