Merlin Service

Too old for this
Too old for this Posts: 128
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
i have used Merlin for a while now with no problems at all, i ordered some 105 pedals to match the rest of the gear on my new BMC road racer. ordered Thurs night arrived on sat morning, opened package to find 1 x 105 double shifter, looked on website for returns info, downloaded form filled in and posted back.
Have received email Tues morning to say that they had received the package and would be sending the correct item out immediately, they will also be refunding the postage costs.
Very pleased with the way they have dealt with this problem.

cheers

bill.

Comments

• ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    the error is not typically Merlin - the response is...

they have a very good service reputaion, even amongst cyclists out here
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    As an aside - has anyone used Merlin for services / repairs? I note their website states they have a full workshop.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    My experience of Merlin is a little different. I ordered some clothing several times last year and ordered multiple sizes, to return the ones that didnt fit. 3 times it took them over a week from receiving the package back to actually open and process it and refund the money - and then they didnt email me to tell me that they had like the website says they will. One time it was for high value items (expensive bibshorts) and when I phoned after a week to see what was happening, it took them some time to find the box and then they just sais "oh yes, the guy that does returns hasnt got to that one yet - he will in the next few days"...!

Initial service has been fantastic, but returns processing has been very poor on all 3 occasions I have used it.
  • I find Rapha take a long time to process such returns. Again...often for expensive goods, that you would like to know have been returned safely!
    Never mistake motion for action
    Tweet@gmunrop69
    Trainerroad - GMan69