Oh how the mighty fall (esp with Beer and MSG).

DF33
DF33 Posts: 732
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Having had 5 months off all training due to an injury, I've been really good. Started back a couple of weeks ago, riding every other day, next day off. Watching the diet, fish and green veg with a few carbs etc when not on a biking / running day, decent diet when training. Careful on the drinking front too.

Anyway, sh!te weather day today, also invited on a social meet in town. So no training. Once out on the social was enjoying myself so decided to stay out. 5 pints later and then the train home.

It all went wrong.

Kentucky beckoned me. I don't mind it as a fast food but really don't normally go there. Anyway thought a piece of chicken and a corn on the cob would be ok ( hadn't eaten this evening and had the drink).
Once in it was the 2 pieces, fries and a corn on the cob to be healthy....

I KNOW it doesn't really matter over the whole scheme of things as training hard now, weekend ride just done (and suffered) through Kingsdale, Dent et al. But how could I let an extra days food / drink through me sen just like that?

Ashamed now. only myself to blame!
Peter

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    So you had a few beers and some fried chicken, during and after enjoying a night out with yer mates.

What's the problem?

Let me break it to you gently, you're not going to the Olympics and you're unlikely to feature at the tour, so you're right - it doesn't matter.

Now, man up and stop crying, you're a Yorkshireman for goodness' sake.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    'Kentucky' you must have been drunk !
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Kentucky doesn't contain MSG is not that good quality...
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I officially strip you of your weekend warrior badge class 3 (branded style)
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    As above - you aren't a pro, Elite, Div 1 or going for the Worlds. Trust me, you don't need to live like a monk.

A good blow out once in a while is good for the body, soul and mind: and you only had 5 pints and a couple of pieces of chicken. Its not like you drank a case of beer, had 7 kgs of coke, 9 whores and a bit of a bash at Silvio's pad with Ballotelli.

I'm in summer race training now but it didn't stop me driniking a boot full of beer in the Mess on Saturday night. Followed by two "chicken" burgers and some more beer then taking Sunday off. But Monday I was on the bike again. But it was the wife's birthday, so bubbles, red and port was order of the evening. But I was dry last night, and will be until, errrr Saturday. Then back on the wagon on Monday until the weekend.

If you're feeling that bad about it all, go and buy some new Obermayers and all will be well again.

Now, ale, fush 'n' chups as they say in NZ and mushy peas - now that's proper night before a race food of Champions.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    jim453 wrote:
    So you had a few beers and some fried chicken, during and after enjoying a night out with yer mates.

What's the problem?

He's not moaning about the calories etc

He's a yorkshireman as you say- he's moaning about having to buy said drinks and food
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    5 pints and a Kentucky?! Wuss. Not much of a night out. When is the next bash with Ballotelli? Can anyone join in?

When I were a lad, 10 pints of beer on Saturday night, fish and chips, 3 hours sleep, up at 4am, out wi' lads over Holm moss on some scaffolding with 2 dustbin lids strapped to yer ankles on a fixie, 100 miles out and 100 miles home to milk cows in evenin'... You can still see the scars outside Hawes where Tubby Arkwrights legs come unbolted at 150rpm...Eh, the yung these days...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    spen666 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

What's the problem?

He's not moaning about the calories etc

He's a yorkshireman as you say- he's moaning about having to buy said drinks and food

Well, obviously that's fair enough then.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Are you a woman? Ride more...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    I need to go to weight watchers and repent. REPENT I tell you.
    Peter