Kona Cinder cone VS Boardman Comp

SWEETY-4x4
SWEETY-4x4 Posts: 43
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
I've narrowed down my next bike to either a 2011 Kona Cindercone or a 2011/12 Boardman HT Comp both are the same price but not sure which will be the better bike for the money. I mainly ride XC but will be doing a little trail centre riding prob just red routes. HELP can't make up my mind :cry:
1991 Kona Cinder Cone in Cinder Gold
www.borders4x4club.co.uk

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Links might help.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • That would help lol
    Kona Cinder cone http://2011.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=cinder_cone

Boardman http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/ht_comp.html
    I'm happy when I have a few more pennies to replace the mechs & I can build wheels so that's not a prob for me but when it comes to forks i'm lost as i'm used to rigid retro MTB's
    www.borders4x4club.co.uk
  • cooldad
    I like Konas and Shimano, but the forks on the Boardman probably make it the better bike.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Thanks cooldad :D I love Kona's had my last one 21 years are the forks any good on the kona or more of a budget fork ? My son had suntour XCR forks on his bike when he got it & they became very noisy & nasty in no time which worries me :roll: my son replaced his fork for a set of fox items which are nice but cost him a bomb
    www.borders4x4club.co.uk
  • cooldad
    The forks on the Kona are fine - damped etc and will do the job. They are budget, but good budget. Suntour make some rubbish (as do RS) but the Epicons are good, way better than XCR's.
    If the choice was mine, my head would say Boardman, my heart would say Kona. I don't know what would win, tough choice.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    If the choice was mine, my head would say Boardman, my heart would say Kona. I don't know what would win, tough choice.
    That's part of my problem my heart keeps saying get another Cinder cone & my brain says the boardman has better forks. Think i'm going to have to have another look at them both & see which is the lightest & then will poss have to flip a coin as i'm so unsure :oops:
    www.borders4x4club.co.uk
  • cooldad
    Can you get a ride on them - even around a carpark gives you an idea of feel and fit.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools