Another bike shop in the Farringdon area...

optimisticbiker
optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Went for a walk at lunchtime, took a different route to my current fav cafe and came across 'FullCity' a bike shop that sells coffee and cake.. I'm sure I walked this way before and must have walked past but how I missed it I don't know. Didn't go in there today as it was manic and the door was blocked by two guys trying to wrestle what looked like a buckled rear FG wheel out of the frame.

On the door is a price list... looks surprisingly cheap (you can download it from the site too)

Anyway, once back in the office I googled it and came up with this blog entry

Anyone been there?
Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    is that the one next to Craft?

if so, its a bit of a mecca for couriers of a Friday evening. They all hang outside playing their hippity hop music and generally looking like they could do with a good wash and scrub. Looks like fun.

There are bleemin' loads around EC1 mind aren't there. Bespoke on Farringdon Rd. East Central in Exmouth Market.
    I use London Bicycle Workshop at the bottom of Roseberry Avenue and they are excellent.

Favourite coffee shop...? Prufrock?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    There are bleemin' loads around EC1 mind aren't there. Bespoke on Farringdon Rd. East Central in Exmouth Market.
    I use London Bicycle Workshop at the bottom of Roseberry Avenue and they are excellent.
    Theres another LBW, besides the one on Grey's Inn Road?
    Favourite coffee shop...? Prufrock?
    I like St Ali's
  • Yes, its heavily patronised by couriers from what I saw (and the pics on the website/blog), but they claim to support the general commuter as well.

Seems that the growth of cycling in this area is spawning a load of new shops catering for all areas of the market... long may it continue...

Haven't found a fav coffee shop yet, tho I did like Department of Coffee and Social Affairs at the other end of Leather Lane (coffee's good, food's a bit pricey). Haven't tried Prufrock yet.
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    By chance I found another new bike shop right next to Cycle Surgery - the (original?) one just off Middlesex Street - Swift Cycles. Very friendly, concentrating on road bikes, and an interesting range of Starley bikes, which I've not heard of before but are quite high range and apparently hand built in the UK.

Apparently they've been there a few months but I'd not seen them before. Opening right next door to Cycle Surgery struck me as either a curious or a rather aggressive choice of location.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Ian.B wrote:
    By chance I found another new bike shop right next to Cycle Surgery - the (original?) one just off Middlesex Street - Swift Cycles. Very friendly, concentrating on road bikes, and an interesting range of Starley bikes, which I've not heard of before but are quite high range and apparently hand built in the UK.

Apparently they've been there a few months but I'd not seen them before. Opening right next door to Cycle Surgery struck me as either a curious or a rather aggressive choice of location.

I've seen the staff head off for a ride after closing, so I don't think its too aggressive. Swift have serviced a couple of my bikes, all good. The Starleys look interesting, USP seems to be full carbon finishing kit. Nice bikes.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Ian.B wrote:

Strange place that, big space but seems to be very sparsely stocked. They have some nice high-end stuff but not much for the average commuter.
    <a>road</a>
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Haven't tried Prufrock yet.

I've not been to the one on LL but I routinely went to the one in Shoreditch when I worked in the Citeh. In my humble opinion, the best coffee in London. Not that I'm an expert, natch.

The Cortado is very nice.