Bring on the Rain!

2»

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    No, as it is an acronym it should be capitalised

it's not an acronym - it's an initialism.

BOOM.

I thank you ladies and gentlemen.
  • No, as it is an acronym it should be capitalised

it's not an acronym - it's an initialism.

BOOM.

I thank you ladies and gentlemen.

So a TLA should really be a TLI? I think not :lol:
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • clarkey cat
    obviously if you start correcting people who mock-despairingly refer to the proliferation of TLAs in their working day by saying that actually, its a TLI, you will very soon lose all of your friends and probably cement the adversity of your foes.

depends on what's important to you: friendships and getting on in life, or grammatical accuracy.

I know which I prefer.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    obviously if you start correcting people who mock-despairingly refer to the proliferation of TLAs in their working day by saying that actually, its a TLI, you will very soon lose all of your friends and probably cement the adversity of your foes.

depends on what's important to you: friendships and getting on in life, or grammatical accuracy.

I know which I prefer.

Grammatical accuracy?

Thought so.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    tugger wrote:
    SFET instead of using silly acronyms. on the assumption that you are a grown man and not a teenager on BBM
    SFET? Specky Four Eyed Tw at?
    tugger wrote:
    And people who ride to work, even on an irregular basis should be applauded and encouraged not ridiculed by others who clearly rate themselves too highly
    Not if they ride without any common sense or awareness of others around them.
  • tugger
    tugger Posts: 122
    FYI my knee warmers were clearly visible under my baggy shorts this evening!
    All about the aggregation of marginal gains (or marginal losses, depending on who you are!!)
  • clarkey cat
    not sure of the exact rules but I think if your headtube is longer than your johnson then you're allowed to wear baggies.