work mates,dont you just....

cwm
cwm Posts: 177
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
.......fekin hate them.

cycle to work,put bike in drying room/storage room,work shift 11am - 7pm,go get lycra and bike but somethings missing.
one of my work mates has nicked my saddle bag :x

i find it incredible that someone would do this.
its so obvious its 1 of my work mates as the building is secure and can only be entered by keypad.

you are scum,you are everything i hate in a person.

i could even be working with them tomorrow and i wont know,but i suppose thatll be a buzz for them and they could end up jizzing in thier pants.

scum bag
now sharing my plods on
http://www.strava.com/athletes/cwm

Comments

• nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    They are worse than that-they have thrown suspicion on all your work mates as well.Look for a friendless psycho who has problems at work.Unless thats all of them.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    nevman wrote:
    They are worse than that-they have thrown suspicion on all your work mates as well.Look for a friendless psycho who has problems at work.Unless thats all of them.

or maybe just look for the one with a bike?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I think your initial problem is that you describe them as work "mates".

They aren't your mates. They aren't your friends. They aren't even social acquaintances. You probably actually don't have much in common with them at all apart from work.

They are colleagues - it's a quirk of fate that you have ended up stuck in the same building as them.

All this shyyyte of "I'm going out with my friends from work" "lets have a bbq with the guys from work"etc - nah: funk them. They will stab you in the back as soon as fart at you and do it with a smile.

After all - when someone leaves, how long does it take to forget them - a day? Maybe 2?

Go in, smile, laugh, chat to them, play the game - the minute you walk out at the end of the day, funk them and go and hang with your friends/family/people who are important to you.

Leave a note in the room the bike was in saying that you think your saddle bag fell off and if anyone picked it up that's great , please can they put it next to the bike.

If no one does, then kill them all with a pick axe handle.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I agree - take a three-stage approach:
      1: Subtly suggest that it's all a mistake, can someone "help you find" it
      2: Make a general announcement that it's been stolen, pointing out that it has to be deliberately detached from the bike for it to disappear
      3: Thursday is "Bring Your AK-47 to Work" day
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Hidden camera. Get him/her sacked.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Yossie wrote:

They aren't your mates. They aren't your friends. They aren't even social acquaintances. You probably actually don't have much in common with them at all apart from work.

They are colleagues - it's a quirk of fate that you have ended up stuck in the same building as them.

All this shyyyte of "I'm going out with my friends from work" "lets have a bbq with the guys from work"etc - nah: funk them. They will stab you in the back as soon as fart at you and do it with a smile.

After all - when someone leaves, how long does it take to forget them - a day? Maybe 2?

Go in, smile, laugh, chat to them, play the game - the minute you walk out at the end of the day, funk them and go and hang with your friends/family/people who are important to you.

Leave a note in the room the bike was in saying that you think your saddle bag fell off and if anyone picked it up that's great , please can they put it next to the bike.

Cheery soul.

You spend most of your time at work, if you can, it's best to enjoy it and have a laugh. If it's possible, why not be friends with the people you work alongside. Obviously, in some work environments this isn't possible, as there's lots of backstabbing, but that's not the case everywhere. Besides, in lots of places, you're surely quite likely to have a fair amount in common with the people you work with qualifications/life experiences etc.

Obviously, one of the OPs work mates is a **** but that doesn't mean that all of them are.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Before you go too mad and fall out with all your colleagues i'd politely but seriously ask around as to whether somebody has just hidden it for a laugh. Could be that somebody was just playing silly beggars rather than actually intending to actually steal it.

I've had comedians let down my tyres and hide my saddle before at work, which though annoying at the time was nothing more than juvenile humour.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I have to chain my bike to the radiator pipes in the locker rooms at work. I'm not worried that it will get stolen, it's just to save the 20 minutes or so searching for it at the end of the shift as my workmates think it hilarious to hide it in the most obscure of places. (second stall of ladies' toilet last time).
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • Yossie
    Jez mon wrote:

Cheery soul.

You spend most of your time at work, if you can, it's best to enjoy it and have a laugh. If it's possible, why not be friends with the people you work alongside. Obviously, in some work environments this isn't possible, as there's lots of backstabbing, but that's not the case everywhere. Besides, in lots of places, you're surely quite likely to have a fair amount in common with the people you work with qualifications/life experiences etc.

Obviously, one of the OPs work mates is a **** but that doesn't mean that all of them are.

Nothing to do with being cheery - just having a limited amount of time in my life to spend with those that are precious/important to me. Someone I sit next to and get on averagely well with does not fall into this category.

I'm not saying don't have a laugh while you are at work, I'm just saying that on the whole, they aren't friends - they are colleagues.

Out of the 60 people who I work around, I'll hang with maybe 2 of them outside of work, but that's only if we plan a ride. Otherwise, nah - I'll hang with my friends and family.

Sorry for being a realist - I am happy for you that you hang out with your colleagues though.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Yossie wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

Cheery soul.

Nothing to do with being cheery - just having a limited amount of time in my life to spend with those that are precious/important to me. Someone I sit next to and get on averagely well with does not fall into this category.

I'm not saying don't have a laugh while you are at work, I'm just saying that on the whole, they aren't friends - they are colleagues.

Out of the 60 people who I work around, I'll hang with maybe 2 of them outside of work, but that's only if we plan a ride. Otherwise, nah - I'll hang with my friends and family.

Sorry for being a realist - I am happy for you that you hang out with your colleagues though.

This is very true, I have one person who I would call a mate at work. The others are just colleagues I get on with.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Softly softly, make the bosses/site manager aware, there might be other theft instances or someone under suspicion that you'll help nail & get yr stuff back. If not then try the its been taken as a joke but I need it back route, if not, make it formal, its no different to 'borrowing' someones car keys and taking their sat nav & I bet that'd be taken a hell of a lot more seriously by all concerned. Theft is theft at the end of the day

@yossie, what's your criteria for becoming friends then? Can't be people you were at school with I guess, as that's just an accident of geography, birth date & state enforced education.

Why exclude people you have to spend time with just for semantic reasons?
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I'd do this:
    Softly softly, make the bosses/site manager aware, there might be other theft instances or someone under suspicion that you'll help nail & get yr stuff back. If not then try the its been taken as a joke but I need it back route, if not ...
    ... bide your time and carry on as if nothing's happened - someone'll slip up eventually.

I left a pair of soaking wet socks out to dry and someone, a cow-orker, cut the toes off of them. It must have been 1.5 - 2 years later when someone let slip who was responsible. This revelation coincided, mysteriously, with someone letting the air out of 3 of his tyres. As the inflated one was visible as he left the building, he changed the other one then threw a tantrum when he discovered the other 2. I don't know how he dealt with that, but once he'd sorted it was probably the point that he discovered an obstruction in his exhaustpipe.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • alihisgreat
    Crapaud wrote:
    I'd do this:
    Softly softly, make the bosses/site manager aware, there might be other theft instances or someone under suspicion that you'll help nail & get yr stuff back. If not then try the its been taken as a joke but I need it back route, if not ...
    ... bide your time and carry on as if nothing's happened - someone'll slip up eventually.

I left a pair of soaking wet socks out to dry and someone, a cow-orker, cut the toes off of them. It must have been 1.5 - 2 years later when someone let slip who was responsible. This revelation coincided, mysteriously, with someone letting the air out of 3 of his tyres. As the inflated one was visible as he left the building, he changed the other one then threw a tantrum when he discovered the other 2. I don't know how he dealt with that, but once he'd sorted it was probably the point that he discovered an obstruction in his exhaustpipe.

wouldn't the person who let the air out the tyres be concerned about loosing their job?

Unless of course it was someone random off the street.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Crapaud wrote:
    I'd do this:

wouldn't the person who let the air out the tyres be concerned about loosing their job?

Unless of course it was someone random off the street.
    Who knows? It's a mystery.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • cwm
    reported it to the BTP this morning and have put up notices around the work place.

as for the work'mate' bit,i was a bit to furious to spell colleagues yesterday and would have gone off on a bigger rant if someone had pointed out my splling mistoke.
    plenty of disgusted colleagues and management,but we will see what effect,if any,my notices will make.
    as for some of your coments on 'jokes' by colleagues,my mind just boggles!

copy of notice

THEFT from COLLEAGUES
    Between 1100hrs and 1900hrs on 02/04/12, one of our work colleagues stole items from my bicycle that was left in the drying room/bike storage area.
    This act of theft is unacceptable and I find it hard to believe that I could be working with this person soon and not even know it.
    For the rest of you who didn’t take my property be very wary of leaving any valuables unattended as they may be subject to theft by this person.

Whoever you are,you are scum.

If you would like to discuss this with me, please contact me on 077xxxxxxxx or contact Driver Managers,LDC or BTP,who have been informed of this theft.
    Mark G,Dvr,S/sea
    now sharing my plods on
  • Yossie
    Negative Ghost rider - friends at school are not always people you went to school with - you are forced to deal with these people until you are 15/16/18/ whenever you leave school.

After that, its your decision as to whether to continue the friendship - that's why across the land there are shyyyte reunions happening with people turning up and going "errrr, I didn't like you at school and have nothing in common with you now, so why I am here" and walking off scratching their heads in confusion before going home and realise that they are never going to get that night of their life back.

Some of my best friends now are people I went to school with, but we don't live each other's pockets and there are more people from school I care not a fig about that there are who are friends.

Friends are by choice - everything else is forced on you. Your brother in law is a tw4t and you don't want to hang out with him? You don't and you tell the wife/husband/same sex partner why. Why hang with people you are stuck with through work out of a sense of faux moral obligation?

Why exclude people you have to spend time with: because you don't like them you don't have anything in common, they are tw4ts or they steal from you (as above). Or it could just be that they are nice enough, nothing against them but you'd rather hang with [enter name of friend/family member] in the three hours you have spare between working/communting/chores/riding/wifing/childing/shopping/sleeping/etcing.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Were Forensics called to the scene? If they were have they come up with any potential evidence in the way of fingerprints/dna?
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Wouldn't it be embarrassing if the OP found he'd left his saddle bag at home?
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Wouldn't it be embarrassing if the OP found he'd left his saddle bag at home?

Maybe it fell off :?:
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Yossie wrote:

Hmmm (strokes chin) Pick axe handle....theres an idea... :twisted:
  • cwm
    no,it didnt fall off my bike as it was seen still attached to my bike @1200hrs.
    to some it might seem overboard reporting it to the police but at the end of the day i wonder if you would be happy having your property nicked from a closed building only accessible by people you work with.

rant rant rant :?

yes,the piss taking has started in work and i have got a sense of humour but a secure/locked room is going to be sorted soon so some +ves have come out of it,

and YOU ARE STILL SCUM!!!!!!!!
    now sharing my plods on
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    cwm wrote:

Do you think they post on here?
  • cwm
    cwm wrote:

no,but i feel better for 'saying' it :)
    now sharing my plods on
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    cwm wrote:
    cwm wrote:

Ah, fair enough. :wink:
  • alihisgreat
    cwm wrote:
    cwm wrote:

If they do post here they can report you to your boss for slagging them off in a public forum? (I guess it would be similar to doing it on Facebook or something? and then they could sack you?)

At least then you'd know who stole the bag.. as they wouldn't know who you were (and link internet to real life) unless they stole it :lol:
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Unidentified "work mate" was stealing my Ribena cordial that I keep in my desk drawer. Hardly a criminal offence but was still annoying as I was the one having to replace it. Anyway, long story short, filled the Ribena with laxative and then left it alone... soon identified the little git who'd been helping himself. He did look funny scuttling off to the bogs every 10 mins or so :)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    Unidentified "work mate" was stealing my Ribena cordial that I keep in my desk drawer. Hardly a criminal offence but was still annoying as I was the one having to replace it. Anyway, long story short, filled the Ribena with laxative and then left it alone... soon identified the little git who'd been helping himself. He did look funny scuttling off to the bogs every 10 mins or so :)

It's only 10AM but you've made my day with that one!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Check this out:

A classic tale of revenge :-)

http://fourbluehills.com/2011/11/15/epi ... -me-laugh/
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    I had half a Chinese nicked once! Ate half and put the othe half in the fridge for the next day. Went to eat it and some b@st@rd had had my pork balls away!!! And had a good go at my chicken noodles! And this was in a police station!!

We have a rule, if it's on the table it's fair game but not the fridge. Was very tempted to crime it!